Taking out a loan in pursuit of working in the industry?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

5 Days Ago
Originally Posted by thehive: at the end of the day i read through most of this, My question is what dose your stuff look like. We all agree not to take out a loan, but what no one has seen your work to maybe aid in getting you a gig.
I'm going to post my work soon which will be 3 detailed environments (one is a city split into two parts, another is a Panasonic robotics factory, and the last one is stylized art based on The Iron Giant movie).

I should mention this is not actually the first time I've gotten critique/direction on my current portfolio. Back in 2016 after I came back from a failed job interview, I got advice on Polycount that I needed to make my art more ambitious. All my old art is being remade to take advantage of PBR, digital sculpting & displacement maps. I also received advice on Cgsociety as well that said the same thing (more complicated hardsurface props, more organic modelling etc). It's now a matter of me just heeding all this advice and making my final portfolio reflect everybody's comments.

I can confirm however, I wont take out a loan.

Last edited by JordanNVFX : 5 Days Ago at 11:28 PM.

4 Days Ago
Good. Debt will not help you. It will hurt you. There are many ways to make money online and freelance for now.

This video is free for you. Part of the video shows you how I've made over $100,000 online.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B...SjNPM1VhaHk2b3M

This has some ideas you can use to start making money in CG.

Here is another one.
It is how I've made money in the past.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B...eldTQzJ3YkpzN00

reply share thread