Beginners' Lounge

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 07 July 2008   #1261
Heres my first peice on this thread took 15 minutes on paint.net...Also I wasnt sure if we were ment to trace it so I traced it,Is that to easy to just trace?

Old 07 July 2008   #1262
Hi, i'm a new user on this foruns and i'm a beggining art student, that wish to evolve in my drawing and other artistic skills, so here's some of my sketches:

http://s338.photobucket.com/albums/...tomy%20Studies/

C&C very welcome, and thank's to all in advance

Old 07 July 2008   #1263
Hi all, i'm new at the boards, so a little tex about myself : i'm a begginer art student who wants to develop my artistic skills where drawing is one of the most important right now, here's some sketches i made: =D

http://s338.photobucket.com/albums/...tomy%20Studies/

C&C are very welcome, thanks all in advance

Old 07 July 2008   #1264
JMaple's start

Hello everyone at CG talk, I shall be recieveing my degree soon in computer animation and would like to start being apart of this great community. Its been so long since I've been critiqued and look forward to improving and moving forward as a professional 3d and 2d artist. With that said, here are 3 combined works.

Old 07 July 2008   #1265
Hello, Iīve been a member for a here while but I always feel very intimidated by huge forums like this and havenīt been much around here. But lately I am - more and more often and found really nice help (like those workshops ) And now I decided to give it a try.
I did this yesterday for the skull practise one:

I really enjoyed making it and itīs really good compared to some of my other works. But I always need critique.

@JMaple
since you wanted to hear others opinions- heres mine.

I generally like the three sketches. The girl is my favorite one. You caught a really dynamic pose and I even like the skechiness of the piece, itīs somehow fitting. but her foot looks very unfinished and the area around it not clean... that puts it somehow out of the pic- I think because otherwise you used very thin lines...
I also like the guy on the left. Itīs refreshing to see people who draw not always the very beautiful kind of men and manga things (although I really like manga ). He has charackter.
I donīt really like the man in the middle. I think you wanted him to look like a man from the stoneages still for me his lips look too high and his posterior cheek looks way too round for me. What also looks good at the right men, the blueish touch in the pencil-lines, looks wrong for me with the one in the middle. I believe itīs because in conflict with the left here the blue has no weight (points were you have more or less of it) so that it looks (sorry I mean no offense) like you played too much with the layersettings.
I hope it was understable.

[english is not my native language I hope itīs ok]

Old 07 July 2008   #1266
Hey everyone, I think it's great that people are still posting here, but unfortunately for a long time now I've not had time to guarantee anyone a reply. I would encourage ANYONE - beginners included! to start up a Sketchbook Thread instead here:

Personal Anatomy & Sketchbook Threads

You will receive far more attention and feedback there than here. I am closing this thread, not because I don't enjoy peoples' posts, but because I set a precedent of being the main person to offer feedback, and I can no longer do so on a regular basis.

We have a great forum here of helpful and participating members - I encourage everyone to start up a Sketchbook and post your work there for feedback.

You are still more than welcome to use the exercises here to get started, but post them in a Sketchbook Thread instead.

Cheers!

-Rebeccak

Korpus School of Art + Gallery
www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

Thread Closed share thread