"VINES" Live action VFX short film/spot made entirely with C4D as CG Application

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

4 Weeks Ago
"VINES" Live action VFX short film/spot made entirely with C4D as CG Application

Hello everyone,

We recently finished our VFX spot "VINES". It is a promotional short filmwhich should not feel like a traditional commercial but rather capture some of the emotions that, the 3D printed jewellery it showswas designed with. The challenge was to achieve all the ideas that we had while also staying at zero budget. That meant that we had to shoot it in one day and use only the applications we already owned for the VFX. That meant C4D R18 and After Effects CS6.
I wasn't completely sure how to tackle all of the VFX because I have never done anything like this before but after many months of working on it we are very happy with the result:
https://youtu.be/mTK8RgHYqc8

We have also written a blog post detailing the different methods I used to achieve the different effects. Like Object tracking, joints, hair simulation etc. I would appreciate it if you would check it out:
https://www.soerenschulz.com/making-of-vines-part-3/
You can also find a VFX Breakdown there. In Part 1 we also talk about our test shoots and test animations, but I won't link it since this probably won't be interesting for you.

I would love to hear your opinion and something that interests me the most is: Would you have done something differently/ What methods would have you used to achieve these effects? Did you use C4D before to create VFX? If yes, I would love to see the results!

reply share thread