What happened to "couple of guys getting together and making something"?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

Old 1 Week Ago   #46
Make an attractive looking press release! *.. then contact the press! .. blogs with high traffic, news sites, pre-awareness campaigns, at that point you need to put on your PR hat!*

Old 1 Week Ago   #47
sounds good and it will brings the innovative idea for the project when work with your own, so its good thought.

Old 1 Week Ago   #48
Quote: **I would suggest Thailand because they have some incentives*for opening up an animation company right now.*Could you elaborate on this please?...and -aren't you forgetting something? What about the STORY??

Story is king. * But of course. * I'm only going to make it after a test run with simple storyboard put into an animatic to make sure it is good.*

Quote: The Thailand Board of Investment (BOI) has placed the animation industry as one of their highest priorities when it comes to attracting foreign investment. Any foreign companies wishing to open an animation studio in Thailand can take advantage of generous tax breaks, fast track visa applications for their employees and support with regards to networking with other Thai businesses. Most importantly, foreign companies wishing to open a business in Thailand are usually bound by limitations as to how much of the company they can own. A percentage of the business, which varies depending on industry, must be Thai owned (this is the case in several Asian countries). But these restrictions have been lifted for the animation industry, meaning foreign investors can own 100% of their Thailand-based animation studio.

Plus you are talking about a country where $10 a day is the minimum wage. * So imagine being able to hire an artists for 1000-1500 a month. *Not only are you getting a good deal but they are getting a good working wage.

Also go to Artstation.com and search by country. *Check out Thailand, Phillipines, Malaysia, and other Asian countries. *The talent and infrastructure is there.

So you can pay talented artists a fair wage with Government backing and a good technological infrastructure. *It is a win win. *

Here is more information.

Quote: In addition to this, SIPA (the Software Industry Promotion Industry) was established by the Ministry of Information and Communication Technology (MICT) back in 2003 with the specific aim of promoting the development of the software, animation and game industries. SIPA are actively involved in supporting Thailandís 70 or so animation studios (most of them are small, less than 10 people), assisting with everything from training to business matchmaking. On of their key aims is to link Thai animation companies with other Asian studios, so that they can build relationships that could help them grow their business.
Another area where SIPA is prominent is education. Thailand currently has around 25 universities that offer animation programs, each one producing around 1,000 graduates per year (based on 2011 figures). This number is growing thanks to SIPA investment. When I talked with folks from Chiang Mai University College of Art and Technology they told me that they were producing around 100 animation graduates per year, 50% of whom are getting jobs in the industry after graduation. The school is working closely with industry to ensure they are providing students with the right skills. Admittedly, they donít always get it right. But theyíre trying to adapt quickly and are investing in technology. Itís hard to find fault with their drive to produce the best students possible, even if they are at a huge competitive disadvantage compared to western schools.

Personally I've hired Thai artists for some small projects here and there and I got to say they are awesome! *Some of the best I've seen. *

Old 1 Week Ago   #49
Ahem guys, check this out

https://www.youtube.com/user/OatsStudios

An indie studio from the director of District 9

Old 1 Week Ago   #50
That is some pretty good stuff. *I've been checking it out. *

In other news Rooster Teeth is putting out a new Mecha Animation pretty soon.

https://www.kotaku.com.au/2017/07/g...eators-of-rwby/

Check that out.

What subjects or niches do you think we should explore if we made our own stuff? *Anything you see that is often times ignored or has very little done in connection with it? *

I have plenty of ideas but was wondering what folks think could be made that ain't being made by the mainstream.

Old 1 Week Ago   #51
Story is king. * But of course. * I'm only going to make it after a test run with simple storyboard put into an animatic to make sure it is good.*

Plus you are talking about a country where $10 a day is the minimum wage. * So imagine being able to hire an artists for
1000-1500 a month. *Not only are you getting a good deal but they are
getting a good working wage.

Also go to Artstation.com and search by country. *Check out Thailand, Phillipines, Malaysia, and other Asian
countries. *The talent and infrastructure is there.

So you can pay talented artists a fair wage with Government backing and a good technological infrastructure. *It is a win win. *

Ummmm...... WHAT makes you think I'm an American??? I'M ASIAN MYSELF!!!

Old 1 Week Ago   #52
Ahem
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthr...p?f=2&t=1458474

Old 1 Week Ago   #53
Quote: Ummmm...... WHAT makes you think I'm an American??? I'M ASIAN MYSELF!!

Awesome. *Like I said you go to Artstation and check out Asian countries and you get some really top notch artists. *

Living in Vietnam what do you think would be a fair pay for being an animator/modeler on a monthly basis?*

Old 1 Week Ago   #54
I'm not in Vietnam, but another Asian country

reply share thread