Game Development Student Folio - Crits Appreciated

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 12 December 2012   #1
Smile Game Development Student Folio - Crits Appreciated

As a student of Games Development, I have my folio up and running.

I would love critique on improvements to my page and any advice on getting my foot into the industry. Currently Melbourne based.

Thanks

James

Old 12 December 2012   #2
It helps when I put the link it haha.

RockfordDesigns.Wordpress.com

Old 12 December 2012   #3
I recently had to make a student portfolio website as well I learned a lot from the feedback i got. So here are some things I noticed about your site:

-I find the text somewhat difficult to read. I wouldn't make it bold with a shadow underneath. I also don't like it when I can't select the text because it's actually an image. Just use a regular font in a normal size in a light gray or something.

-Your contact information is somewhat hidden under 'welcome to my portfolio'. I would make a separate button for it so people can find it easily.

-Maybe you should specify better what type of things you would like to do (modeling, animation, ...)

-I would change the picture on your front page to something more relevant, like a screenshot from your Apocalypse project.

that's all I could come up with right now. You seem passionate about this, knowing where you come from. So just keep working and keep making art, that's the most important after all.

Old 12 December 2012   #4
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread