Uplift Universe - Image Entry: Gregor Bös

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 05 May 2008   #16
Final Image: Fafners Tribute

This Statue is made by the hybrid Fafner who was actually the first born human-scylla hybrid in the galaxy. After the first encounter of the human and extraterrestrial race, the relationship was quite stressed, and when the rumour was confirmed that there has been a intimate interracial relationship, riots started. Racists protested and wanted to declare war, but the majority voted for a legalization of the hybrid-relationship. Of course, the Baby Fafner didn't really understand what was happening there and that many people thought of him that he was miscreated. But as he was growing, he became kind of a symbol for the possible peaceful and loving relationship between the races. As his parents were killed by racists during a demonstration for interracial rights, he handled their death with his statue. It shows his hope for the relationship between the human and the Scylla race, but also implies the crookedness of both. They might be just on dropping their weapons, but you can't be sure if they won't start to kill each other. All there is to say is, that you never know.

I wanted to express with this, that you never know your future, even in the future you have another future which is as unpredictable as our future is.

I want to thank everyone who encouraged me to participate in this competition.
A special thanks goes to Hans schwaiger for helping in time of need and Fabian Fricke for the brief introduction into zbrush.

I also credit "blender-materials.org" from where I took a material on which upon I build the final material of the statue.

Old 05 May 2008   #17
Hmm I realy like the shape of alien head. Do you know famous scuptor Brancusi?

Old 05 May 2008   #18
Final Image: Fafners Tribute

This Statue is made by the hybrid Fafner who was actually the first born human-scylla hybrid in the galaxy. After the first encounter of the human and extraterrestrial race, the relationship was quite stressed, and when the rumour was confirmed that there has been a intimate interracial relationship, riots started. Racists protested and wanted to declare war, but the majority voted for a legalization of the hybrid-relationship. Of course, the Baby Fafner didn't really understand what was happening there and that many people thought of him that he was miscreated. But as he was growing, he became kind of a symbol for the possible peaceful and loving relationship between the races. As his parents were killed by racists during a demonstration for interracial rights, he handled their death with his statue. It shows his hope for the relationship between the human and the Scylla race, but also implies the crookedness of both. They might be just on dropping their weapons, but you can't be sure if they won't start to kill each other. All there is to say is, that you never know.

I wanted to express with this, that you never know your future, even in the future you have another future which is as unpredictable as our future is.

I want to thank everyone who encouraged me to participate in this competition.
A special thanks goes to Hans schwaiger for helping in time of need and Fabian Fricke for the brief introduction into zbrush.

I also credit "blender-materials.org" from where I took a material on which upon I build the final material of the statue.

Old 05 May 2008   #19
The new background rocks.
The picture looks great as it is, but maybe you can bring the colors of the background to the objects, e.g. as environment map.
Don't know what it will look like, but maybe worth a try.
Of course time plays a role here.

Old 05 May 2008   #20
@ banjavor: I didn't know him before, but google found some very interesting pictures. Thanks a lot!

@Phil: Well, in fact, it wasn't the time, but the hardware. Actually I did the new background on a mate's pc, cause I had no other way to work on the TIFF.

So far then, thanks for the comments and good luck to all others!

Old 05 May 2008   #21
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread