Master and Servant 3D Entry: Diego Velasco-De Armas

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

05 May 2005
Master and Servant 3D Entry: Diego Velasco-De Armas

Diego Velasco-De Armas has entered the Master and Servant 3D.

Challenge Page

Latest Update: Final Image: Final image submission

I´ll upload the TIF, then I´ll post some comments.

Last edited by velascodearmas : 05 May 2005 at 01:48 PM. Reason: double post

05 May 2005
Hey Diego good luck, i think is a interesting concept, take an outlook to this image (the monster).

http://highlightzone.info/comic/comic_bilder/bone.jpg

Greetings

05 May 2005
Thumbs up good zzzzzb

nice sculpting. good luck dude

05 May 2005
wow! nice sculpting! man ! another example of good weapon(zbrush) that in the hand of great artist!

05 May 2005
you're doing very good, wish you finish in time

05 May 2005
Hi dvelasco, what you have so far looks great! I hope you can pull it together real quick!

toe2toe

my 3d prints

05 May 2005
thanks! :)

Hey, thanks a lot for the comments, fellas! I too hope that I get to finish this in time . The big effort is going to be this weeekend, starting today... I'm having a lot of fun with Zbrush. I'm working on the color right now, should be able to post something finished very soon.

DREAMSCAPE
/ TJB! / M&S
/ Spectacular + WIP / Steampunk

05 May 2005
Your work is situated near the border of the perfection, it is really impressive how much you produced in so little time!! and with as much quality as it was made in months!! I am really very inspired by your workmanship and desire really some day to see and to carry through dificult tasks so easely as you! good luck! and PLEASE finish it, it will be a shame that this beutyfull work don't made it!

05 May 2005
Hi Diego,

I hope you finish in time this work. I like the idea and modeling.

Isso é bem pessoal, mas achei as proporções um pouco exageradas, como o tamanho das mãos e da cabeça .. ficou parecendo mais um anão do que uma criança ... MAs como disse isso é pessoal mesmo ...

05 May 2005
Hi Chez and Jr Braz! Thanks for the comments! I really hope to finish this image in time. Couldn´t do much today during the day, but I´ll compensate at night. About the proportion, I agree, I´m still fiddling with it. The hand is definitely too big, and looks wrong, actually. Kids have fatter, shorter fingers. Anyway, it´s progressing . I´ll change it when I start working with the blendshape for the head. Thanks!

DREAMSCAPE
/ TJB! / M&S

05 May 2005
really nice modelling of the beast man !

good luck

05 May 2005
this is coming out really cool ... just found this .. great concept and the image is working well

good luck on getting this thing done

05 May 2005
veleu, Cintia!!

Hi Cintia! Man, I didn't expect such comments.. thanks, really! Got me inspired to work still a couple of hours more tonight . The only thing is, now I feel like I have even more pressure to make the image look good! hehe Well, tomorrow we'll see how it went. At least on the 18th I'll sleep well. But sincerely, thanks. Your commments on the kid's posture were good, though I am going for something slightly different. If he were to stand erect, and command the demon with assertion, I think that the ambiguity that I am going for would be somewhat lost. My ideas is to show that there is a conflict with your inner demons, and that though you would like to command them, that isn't always the case. I still need to change two things to emphasize this concept- the kid should have a more intent expression (though this posture says that he isn't very sure of his command), and the creature needs to articulate his hands. The hands will somewhat encircle the boy, in a fashion that is either about to crush him or protect him. Hmm. I might be trippin'. hehe Anyway, that's the concept, at least. I didn't change the lighting much on this pass, my computer is acting up and overheating and complaining with annoying beeps. So I'll work on that tomorrow, at work. Which is a good thing, too, because this monitor is shot, as well.. sucks for color work. Well, enough complaining. Off to bed. Um beijo!
--Diego

DREAMSCAPE
/ TJB! / M&S

05 May 2005
I love your design, good luck mate

05 May 2005
Great work, lovely models. If you want to finish off the monsters skin quickly, just go with procedural textures, & use the same cellular pattern maybe to add some bump & diffuse variation (with the recessed areas darker), & a bit of specular too. Vertex colours I find are quicker than painting custom blend maps if you want to blend between different procedural textures/shaders. You could also try some simple vignetting in photoshop too to give the scene lighting a focussed, enclosed feeling (I usually multipy/hard light some black around the edges).

edit: what about doing a global dirtmap/occlusion pass too & multiplying that on top by 30% or so to give finer contact shadows?

Thread Closed share thread