cmNodes 1.5.07

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

12 December 2013
cmNodes 1.5.07

cmNodes 1.5.07 update is available

12 December 2013
Thanks for sharing.

12 December 2013
thanks for the Christmas gift

12 December 2013
I hardly find myself making a normal material anymore

Highly recommended!

12 December 2013
Good Job, it was a pity not to be able to reuse/copy paste a complex material tree from one scene to another.

Best,
Eric

12 December 2013
Support for Octane Render Materials

This is great. C4D needs nodebased Materials
...but, oh.. support for Octane Render Materials would be awesome.. Its a great renderer that i'm using allmost only now.. But material workflow is a pain.... This would be fantasic with Ocane

12 December 2013
Originally Posted by datee: This is great. C4D needs nodebased Materials
...but, oh.. support for Octane Render Materials would be awesome.. Its a great renderer that i'm using allmost only now.. But material workflow is a pain.... This would be fantasic with Ocane

I do have an Octane license, but it's been a long time since I've used it so I don't know the current state of its C4D integration. Once Vray support is in a better state I'll check out Octane. It's already on my issue tracker.

12 December 2013
Node editor for Octane is already being worked on. Of course it's awesome to have options, but maybe it's redundant?
http://vimeo.com/71116497

12 December 2013
works great. i work with my intuos to navigate and since the stylus got no wheel i cant zoom in and out in the cmnode editor. is it possible to navigate with c4d like 1,2,3 keys in future update?

12 December 2013
Originally Posted by MAN0: works great. i work with my intuos to navigate and since the stylus got no wheel i cant zoom in and out in the cmnode editor. is it possible to navigate with c4d like 1,2,3 keys in future update?

With 1.5.07 you can scale with ALT+RMB. I wasn't planning on doing the number keys, but this is the first time it's come up.

12 December 2013
Originally Posted by FantaBurky: Node editor for Octane is already being worked on. Of course it's awesome to have options, but maybe it's redundant?

Thanks, I hadn't seen that before.

12 December 2013
It's a really great plugin Christopher. I have been playing around with it for a couple of hours and i absolutely love it.

But i have small request for an upcoming update/version you might consider.

Would it be possible to make a "Group Nodes" like in Nuke? It makes it alot easier when you have a huge tree, to pinpoint something and edit or turn it off/on.

For example, if i have 20 nodes making up the bump channel, it would be nice to take all those 20 nodes and group them together and collapse them into a single "Bump Group", if you know what i mean

Anyways, GREAT plugin!

12 December 2013
Originally Posted by FantaBurky: Node editor for Octane is already being worked on. Of course it's awesome to have options, but maybe it's redundant?
http://vimeo.com/71116497

Well, there is a sort of preview of the node view in the C4D plugin. But its not very good at the moment, compared to cmNodes. Hardly usable at all. Ofcourse it might get better with further development, but having the workflow and functionality of this great plugin working with Octane would be great. Also having the same node material workflow for both AR, VRay and Octane would be a great plus

So, no i really dont think it would be redundant

12 December 2013
Originally Posted by artbyart: Would it be possible to make a "Group Nodes" like in Nuke? It makes it alot easier when you have a huge tree, to pinpoint something and edit or turn it off/on.

I love Nuke's group nodes and I do have something like it planned. I am thinking of a "tree" node which would use "input" and "output" nodes to define ports. For now though you could move groups of nodes to an empty area of the tree and set a tree bookmark, that way you could jump between clusters of nodes.

12 December 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread