Old 07-14-2011, 11:12 PM   #1
AbduAllah
AQ

portfolio
Abdullah Qalander
Motion Graphics Artist
Animation Art Media Production & Post
Dubai, United%2BArab%2BEmirates

Any1 knows where to find Scholarships for VFX ?!

Hello everyone,

I'll try to make it a short & easy as possible for you to understand & help me in the best way possible if you may. I've been surfing the internet for scholarships & funding places for students & whoever want to study abroad.

I really wanna attend Gnomon School "Visual Effects Animation" track in the Digital Production for Entertainment.
http://www.gnomonschool.com/program...tal_production/
Or any place that could give me the same things for me to work in the field of movies "VFX".

I talked with them several times, Gnomon, they don't give scholarships or have any information regarding them & whoever is attending there with a scholarship did that depending on a 3rd party institute which they searched on their own.

I asked so many times if they could provide me with those places for me to go there & apply but all I had "you have to look that up on your own" kind of answers.

I live in Egypt by the way, I'm 23 years & I'm graduated from the faculty of Computer Science. A friend of mine showed me a website for an office in here that provides scholarships, so I called them but they give scholarships only for Masters degrees. I want to work in the field of movies VFX so bad.

Please guys, if any of you knows or can lead me to a place that gives scholarships to study abroad or somewhere where I can apply for it, please help me out. I have only 2 options here, 1st is to dig up & come up with a way to travel, study & work abroad. 2nd, which will be my last hope, study, work on my own, make some reels & try to apply in any company in Holywood. But with the 2nd one that's the hard way with the crappy things we have in here with the "also" crappy graphics we have.

I'm stuck & it feels awful this way, if anyone can help me out I would appreciate it to the most. Sorry for the long talk & thank you for your time.

AbduAllah Mohammad.

Old 07-17-2011, 09:56 PM   #2
beonx
Veteran

portfolio
Altug Yilmazer
Turkey

Send a message via MSN to beonx
Hey man,

I can understand you. I'm in the same situation right now. I want to learn Character Animation but I can't afford the education. I need some sort of scholarship too. May the best luck finds us soon. Hope mate!

Old 07-17-2011, 11:09 PM   #3
leigh
blahblah

CGSociety Staff
portfolio
Leigh van der Byl
A cog in the wheel
Hertfordshire, United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbduAllah
[B]I have only 2 options here, 1st is to dig up & come up with a way to travel, study & work abroad. 2nd, which will be my last hope, study, work on my own, make some reels & try to apply in any company in Holywood. But with the 2nd one that's the hard way with the crappy things we have in here with the "also" crappy graphics we have.

The reality is that the first option is your only one. The second one is unlikely to happen unless you are an absolutely brilliant, one-in-a-million artist. That's because there are already a lot of very skilled, very experienced artists already looking for work in California, and considering how difficult it is to get a work visa for the US (I know, because I've done it before in the past), you'd have to demonstrate an incredibly high level of skill and unique talent to get US studios to choose to get you through immigration over an available local artist. I'm not trying to destroy your hopes here, but it's important that you know how things are realistically.

My advice would be to keep learning in Egypt, and then considering, at a later date, to relocate to a country that's easier to get work permits for, where you can build up your CV and skills to a level where you may eventually become attractive to American studios.

Old 07-19-2011, 12:28 AM   #4
AbduAllah
AQ

portfolio
Abdullah Qalander
Motion Graphics Artist
Animation Art Media Production & Post
Dubai, United%2BArab%2BEmirates

Quote:
Originally Posted by beonx
Hey man,

I can understand you. I'm in the same situation right now. I want to learn Character Animation but I can't afford the education. I need some sort of scholarship too. May the best luck finds us soon. Hope mate!

I hope so man, thing is never give up ^^
We will get our chances somehow if we worked & wanted it so bad so NEVER give up

Quote:
Originally Posted by leigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbduAllah
[B]I have only 2 options here, 1st is to dig up & come up with a way to travel, study & work abroad. 2nd, which will be my last hope, study, work on my own, make some reels & try to apply in any company in Holywood. But with the 2nd one that's the hard way with the crappy things we have in here with the "also" crappy graphics we have.

The reality is that the first option is your only one. The second one is unlikely to happen unless you are an absolutely brilliant, one-in-a-million artist. That's because there are already a lot of very skilled, very experienced artists already looking for work in California, and considering how difficult it is to get a work visa for the US (I know, because I've done it before in the past), you'd have to demonstrate an incredibly high level of skill and unique talent to get US studios to choose to get you through immigration over an available local artist. I'm not trying to destroy your hopes here, but it's important that you know how things are realistically.

My advice would be to keep learning in Egypt, and then considering, at a later date, to relocate to a country that's easier to get work permits for, where you can build up your CV and skills to a level where you may eventually become attractive to American studios.

I understand what you mean & don't worry my hopes will never be destroyed. I really appreciate it that you read my topic & also cares to reply with a very positive feedback. I'll try to do my best & see what I can do. I'll be asking questions & bugging you guys out when I start studying ^^

Thank you again for your time & reply.

Old 07-19-2011, 12:28 AM   #5
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread