CG workshops

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 10 October 2010   #1
CG workshops

Has anyone taken the workshops that cgsociety offers? If you have, are they very helpfull at all in learning and is it worth it??? Also, does anyone know the TOTAL number of spots avalible before a workshop is considered full?

Thank you for any help.

Last edited by sek1992 : 10 October 2010 at 08:05 PM.

Old 10 October 2010   #2
I think it's just until the number of available spaces reaches 0.

I'm not sure how long you can register up until though.

Old 10 October 2010   #3
you go to WORKSHOP section and browse classes. They are almost full now, since they all have a starting date October (for the fall) and got full fast.

ALso you can see the exact dates when they start, who is the teacher, what the objectives inclass and so on.

-"Who are you?" -"I am the Good Fairy" -"Then why are you walking around with this bloody axe?" -"I'm just not feeling good today!" :)

Old 10 October 2010   #4
workshops

I have taken 4 (or 5? i forget now) workshops at CG Society and definitely recommend them. They are well worth the price. The instructors really know their stuff, and had these been available to me 10 years ago, I would have skipped college altogether and taken a few courses online instead and been better prepared for the gaming industry much sooner.

I think the classes close about a day or so before they start. Sometimes they don't get full which is nice. I am taking 'Becoming a Better Artist' and love it--very useful information that helps me with my paintings/concept work.I've also taken several Zbrush modeling courses and Don Seegmiller's painting workshops.

Hope that helps.

Old 11 November 2010   #5
cg workshops

Does anybody know what happened to don's class on cg workshops? his class does not appear. not even in the close section. im wondering because I was gonna take that class anytime in 2011.

Old 11 November 2010   #6
thank you all for your comments they are much appreciated and was don's class the one where they taught you how to draw concept art then take it into the 3d world??? cuz if it was I wanted to take that one too but it diapered off the face of the earth lol.

Old 12 December 2010   #7
Ive taken 1 zbrush class and it was amazing experience.
Don's had to postpone the class til January (i am in, but there are no places left i think). I hear only good words about all the rest classes, so its really worth taking one especially they are supr affordable atm.
Up until now Don had like 3-4 different classes, and this one im taking is brand new, so i cant answer your last queston, sek1992.

-"Who are you?" -"I am the Good Fairy" -"Then why are you walking around with this bloody axe?" -"I'm just not feeling good today!" :)

Old 12 December 2010   #8
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread