Old 12-18-2013, 05:55 AM   #76
anna1
Expert

portfolio
Anna Huber
3D Artist
Germany

Hi everyone,

Thanks a lot for all your feedback. It has been a little while since my last update, but here is the next one. Only a small one and there is still lots of stuff to do. I changed a lot in the surroundings and camera perspective. The houses looked a little bit strange in the background so I thought I give it a try without them and I will think about something different for the background.
Now you can see, that the droplets are coming from the hairy guy and I made the girl's hair more readable against the background. As well as I changed the colour of the grass and put some flowers and shamrocks in there

I will definitely work more on the expressions, posings and textures of the characters.

Have a nice day everyone and feedback and critics are as always very welcome

Anna

Old 12-29-2013, 06:33 PM   #77
anna1
Expert

portfolio
Anna Huber
3D Artist
Germany

Hey everyone,

just another update on my image. I changed the light, so that it is now coming from the back and gives everything a warmer, shiner, more yellow look. As well as I changed the grass. I hope it looks much more believable realistic, although I am not 100% happy with it. So if you have any hint, how I could improve it, I would really appreciate it. I added some flying leaves and dirt to make the whole image more lively.

I am still going to change the textures of the hairy guy's legs, the right arm of the blue guy looks also a little bit off, the over lightning of the yellow guy, where the texture is breaking off and the bow of the flying monster. Currently I am also thinking about, what to do in the post. But I want a really nice rendering first and then only doing small things in Photoshop. Like a little bit colour tweaking etc.

It would be great to get some feedback and have a nice Sunday evening.

Thanks a lot

Anna

Old 12-29-2013, 08:55 PM   #78
uriman2004
Veteran
portfolio
Uri Wollner
Israel

Hey Anna,

It looks much better now IMO.
I think though that the blue guy's hand - the one that is trying to block the plant - is somewhat twisted and does not look natural.

Also, perhaps you could make its drool less thick. The size should diminish quite rapidly from the main blob (if that makes sense ) (at least with my drooling moments)

I really liked the finish line thingie. But if you want to have the scene without it, maybe you could try having some paint of the pavement (like a big white line) saying finish line or sth like that.

Cheers!

Old 12-30-2013, 04:02 PM   #79
anna1
Expert

portfolio
Anna Huber
3D Artist
Germany

Hey,

thanks a lot for your feedback. You are perfectly right about the arm. I changed it already and it looks much better. I took the finish thing out, because it was really disturbing and covered too much of the characters. But maybe I go for the line on the ground

Next update is in work

Anna

Old 01-06-2014, 09:50 PM   #80
anna1
Expert

portfolio
Anna Huber
3D Artist
Germany

Hey,

and another update. I changed the arm of the blue guy, put in another character as well and a finish line too. I am still undecided about the finish line and will try some more variations.
I put some eyelashes on the girls eye and depth of field in as well. I tested out some postwork, too.

I am still working on some little details, like the hairy guy's legs, putting more structure on the wings of the flying monster and so on and on.

Have a lovely evening

Anna

Old 02-02-2014, 09:26 PM   #81
anna1
Expert

portfolio
Anna Huber
3D Artist
Germany

http://anna1.cgsociety.org/portfoli...-detail/1152105

Hello,

I finished the image and it can be seen in my portfolio in the link above. I think it turned out really nice and I like it a lot.

So thank you so much for all your help and I really appreciate it, that you took the time to look at it and make suggestions how to improve it I learned lots of thinks, so thanks a lot and the next one, is already waiting

Have a nice evening

Anna

Old 02-02-2014, 09:26 PM   #82
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread