Render an animation of a Cartoon Boom. Itcan be as simple or a complicated as you wish/
The entry with the best FX will be selected by an open vote. The winner will get bragging rights and a small banner designed by me.
Monday March 1812:00 PM
(You have ONE MONTH And a Half to do the challenge.)
TYPES OF ENTRY:
You may do one of these types of entries:CHALLENGE SPECIFIC RULES:
- This is the type of entry that would be used to explain the precise dynamics of the submitted model. Imagine you have been sub contracted by the History Channel to explain precisely how the model works.
But keep in mind the key thing that I expect to see in all entries is accurate SIMULATIONS of a Cartoon Bmb!.
- You may use the provided models (and models you submit) to create an entry. The core requirement for this type of entry is to have fun.
- No work taken DIRECTLY from an existing tutorial. You may use an existing tutorial only for reference.
- You may use a pre existing model(or use any of the models provived) , as long as you give credit to the creator. If you cant model, use simple shapes, since we are interested in the simulation. (But teams are encouraged, and if you are a modeler, you can make your model available)
- You may provide a heavily edited animation with all the trimmings (hell add live action if you want), as long a you provide another PLAIN animation of a side view of the working SIMULATION of the object .
- BEST VISUAL EFFECTS
The winner will get bragging rights and a small banner
designed by me.
- The animation and simulations (if any) must have been done AFTER the topic has been announced.
- WIP are encouraged if they are posted in ANOTHER thread. Please provide a link to them on this thread.
- WIP thread should be posted on the FXWARS Forum forum and should follow
the following naming convention: FXWars! KBoom!: MY NAME, Entry,Movie Title(Note: Group entries are allowed)
- It is Recommended that Final movies should be rendered at 320 x 240 or 640 x 480 in QuickTime* format (Sorenson Compression), but other resolutions and formats are allowed. * (The animation format is open for discussion.)
- The animation should follow the following naming convention:
MYNAME_FXWARS(RESOLUTION).mov. And please add your name at the beginning and end of the animation, and if you can, also add a small non disruptive watermark during the animation.
- If for some reason, you can't host movies, sequential images (Thumbnails size 160 x 120 ) are accepted.
- Please add a brief text description about your piece.
- The artist also has to post total length of time it took and program used.
- Collaborative pieces are accepted and encouraged, but Teams entries must have a identifying banner and a name. Shot lists should be included with the entry.
- Individuals participating in a team CAN have their own individual entries.
- Post on this thread your link to your WIP thread and your FINAL piece.
- You can add multiple entries, as long as they have different WIP threads.
- Freelancers CAN participate in more than ONE entry
- All Teams members & Freelancers will get screen credit for in the title cards for participation
- Only participants who follow the rules and submit a final entry will be elegible for the voting process.
- The moderators reserve the right to taken down any thread.