Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  

Old 11-20-2013, 10:34 PM   #1
ozzman1997
Veteran
portfolio
Ozzy Hattermann
Bartonville, USA

[3ds Max] Turning "List" controller into just "Linear"?

Somehow, all of my animation controllers got changed to "List" but with linear ones hiding inside. It turns out that they all must be collapsed into "Linear", which I thought I set to default, but apparently I screwed that up. Here's an image of what I mean:

How can I collapse the lists into Linear keyframes while preserving the animation?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WEIGHTS.jpg (58.1 KB, 6 views)

Old 11-21-2013, 10:04 AM   #2
Zhalktis
Workaround dept.
portfolio
Julius Gerulaitis
rigging & animation
Kaunas, Lithuania

It's a bit unclear what the actual problem is and what you need solved...

They're lists with only one linear controller inside... Why do you need to collapse them, then? Do you need them collapsed to linear controllers without lists or do you need them collapsed to bezier_float controllers with linear keys?

The circled weights in your image is the weight of the layer in the layer controller. If it's 100.0 it means it adds 100% value of that layer to the transform. In the case of one layer set to 100.0 it works same way as if the layer controller isn't there, the layer's full value is used. If there are two layers with 100.0 weights, the values from both controllers are added. If two layers 50.0 each - the result is half value from each layer, an average of both layers. If one layer is 100.0, while the other -100.0 - the second layers value is subtracted from the first one's... and so on.

Old 11-21-2013, 04:21 PM   #3
ozzman1997
Veteran
portfolio
Ozzy Hattermann
Bartonville, USA

Okay. Well, the reason I need to collapse all of the animations into linear key frames is because Flight Sumulator X and Prepar3D must have all animations in that format. Otherwise, they simply won't work. I'm just trying to find out whether or not I can change the controller while still keeping my animations intact.

Old 11-21-2013, 04:37 PM   #4
scrimski
antieverything
portfolio
J. Schreyer
head->wall
ARRI Berlin
Berlin, Germany

Clone your object, replace the list controllers with whatever controllers you need, copy/paste the old controllers keyframes to the new ones, either in the motion tab or in the curve editor

Old 11-22-2013, 08:17 AM   #5
Zhalktis
Workaround dept.
portfolio
Julius Gerulaitis
rigging & animation
Kaunas, Lithuania

That's easy. You can simply copy the controller in your list and paste it in place of the list. Open TrackView, adjust filters if you don't see all the controllers (uncheck animated tracks and keyable tracks), right click on the linear controller in your list -> copy, right click on the list controller above -> paste, copy or instance makes no difference in this case.

Old 11-22-2013, 08:17 AM   #6
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread