Feedback for Matte Painting School Project

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

12 December 2017
Feedback for Matte Painting School Project

Hey everyone, just joined CG Society. My name is Randy and I am currently a student at The Academy Of Art University. I am getting my M.A. in 3D animation and Visual Effects, with a focus on compositing. I took an intro matte painting class and was wondering if anyone would be able to give me some feedback on my final project. I don't have a lot of experience in matte painting, but it was a really cool subject to learn about. Anyways, here is a video of my project. Any feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks!

01 January 2018
Hi Randy , i am not a matte painter but sill i think its good for start , one thing i might suggest is try to post your work as you are making it like wip in that way you can get more help from the community and also you can change according to suggestions , now its complete .

1 Week Ago
Hey Randy,

This is a good piece for the sketchbook threads so you can get paintovers or advice. I think this is a good start and looks a lot like other student work starting on matte paintings. Value and saturation are going to be your friend for a piece like this or your enamy if you dont control them. There are to many crits to go over here but if you start a thread in sketchbooks I would love to see what your currently on and offer some input there if you would like it.

reply share thread