Realtime short hair. WIP

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

Old 1 Week Ago   #1
Realtime short hair. WIP

Hello everyone!

In parallel to dreadlocks, I began to create this hairstyle for gamedev =)

Polycount - 7 746 Tris

HIRES

Software - Ornatrix, 3dsmax, Vray

Old 1 Week Ago   #2
That looks great.

How hard is this to manage? How long did it take you to make? Could you show your textures (watermarked of course)?

Asking because I may be doing something similar soon... I don't have Ornatrix though, was that essential to your workflow - did it save you a lot of time?

Old 1 Week Ago   #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by trancerobot
That looks great.

How hard is this to manage? How long did it take you to make? Could you show your textures (watermarked of course)?

Asking because I may be doing something similar soon... I don't have Ornatrix though, was that essential to your workflow - did it save you a lot of time?

Hi, Christian. Thank you =)

How hard is this to manage?

Not very hard =) Because I use an Ornatrix in my workflow =) And with it - the creation of any haircards is very easy than without it =) You can check the tutorials ( 5parts) on my Youtube channel =)

Now I working on the 6 big part in which I show the creation workflow about hair cards and etc. 😊 This tutorial will coming soon 😊 But you can get an early access to it if you will go to the my Patreon 😊 When a quality montage will be ready - first of all I will download ready parts of this tutorial to my patreon page 😊 and when I will finish - to my youtube channel for free 😊 So you can wait when I will finish or now go to my Patreon and very-very soon you will see the first part of this big tutorial with EN subtitles. I try post the news about it everyday..

My Patreon --- >> https://www.patreon.com/charlytuts

You can check the previous workflow video --- > https://youtu.be/KQNnuXNfKAc

How long did it take you to make? Could you show your textures (watermarked of course)?

I don't know =) Because I record tutorial 2 hours per day and it takes longer, then I create the hair without tutorial recording =) Usually I spent 3-5 days for each hair ( production or realtime, it doesn't matter).

About the textures =) Sorry, I will show them - when I will finish this work. Because now this makes no sense.

Did it save you a lot of time?

Yes, of course =) Because It helps you to create the haircards automaticly, groom them in everytime, fix them and etc. Then you can render the hair for UV very easy =) You don't need to position haircards manualy and in final - you have texture atlases for each hair group ( yes-yes you can group hairs by ID) =) Ornatrix is an amazing tool for creation the game hairs. Because it save a lot of time =)

Best regards, Andrew.

Old 1 Week Ago   #4
Hmm, TBH, I'm not interested in buying another program. I'll try doing it without - but it is nice to see what's possible.

What's a good community these days for game modeling critique? I can see that CGTalk isn't what it used to be. Is Polycount still a good place? Art Station? What do you recommend for the best feedback?

Old 1 Week Ago   #5
You can't go wrong with polycount, still going strong.

Old 1 Week Ago   #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by trancerobot
Hmm, TBH, I'm not interested in buying another program. I'll try doing it without - but it is nice to see what's possible.

What's a good community these days for game modeling critique? I can see that CGTalk isn't what it used to be. Is Polycount still a good place? Art Station? What do you recommend for the best feedback?

This program will save many time =)

Hm, I don't know =) Because I don't need feedback =) WIP only to show what I do now =) Because it is good to PR your self =)

Artstation only for portfolio =) To find the clients and PR your self again =) he-he =)

For Feedback I think - Facebook pages is good =) For example - Ten Thousand Hours and LevelUP

This two groups is very active =)

Old 4 Days Ago   #7
Final =)

So, I finished this girl =)

More renders + mini-guide + turntable HERE

reply share thread