mirror vert weights issue (video link attached) skin modifier-3dsmax2017

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

12 December 2017
mirror vert weights issue (video link attached) skin modifier-3dsmax2017

(seems like the autoplay doesntwork so here's the linkhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2j...eature=youtu.be
hi gang
looking to see if someone can help me fix this annoying issue. im trying to mirror my vert weights to the other side of the model, and imgetting this weird thing where some of the verts seem to be weighted to the bones that were the mirror source.
I copy skin modifier, delete it, xform it, make sure the axis is at 0, paste skin, disable deformations, copy the weights, re-enable deformations, and this crazy stuff happens.

in the video i don't copy the bones, but i copy the vertex weights(i did try copying the bones in another scene file however and same issue)
hopefully someone has ran into this and knows what this is all about?

cheers in advance!

Last edited by FabioMSilva : 12 December 2017 at 06:57 AM.

12 December 2017
I FIXED IT! I'm leaving this here for anyone who needs help in the future(including myself)

iseems like i need a really high threshold for the bones 1st, and then super small for the verts, i didnteven need to reset xform.
just need to make sure all the bones at the center in the mirror preview are red(and all the l or r ones are properly found, then copy bones, then change the threshold until the verts in the very center are red and all the mirrored ones are found.

reply share thread