The Third and Seventh Followup

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

01 January 2010
Hello Dave,

thank you very much for your reply with that nice example! It´s good to see that EIAS has advanced in that area. About the speed results it´s very impressive to see that you only needed one core with EIAS while VRay needed eight cores.

Thanks again for your quite informative posting!

Regards
Stefan

01 January 2010
While I of course do not know how the scene has been set up I think that the Vray render is alot more subtle when it comes to shading. While the EI render is very bright in most areas the other render looks more as if the sun is shining in and illuminates the room. Also color distribution seems to be more subtle. I guess the EI render could be more tweaked but by comparison the Vray render wins in this case (shading, not speed of course).

Jens

01 January 2010
I agree...the EI render looks very one dimensional in it's starkness where-as the Vray one is quite attractive with it's subtle shadings and coloration.

01 January 2010
Also, there seems to be no (?) secondary illumination in the EI render. If you look in the armchair, you can see the secondary illumination quite well in the Vray render. In the Camera render there is no such illumination at all. The whole yellow tinted areas in the Vray render seem to come from the secondary illumination, not so in the Camera render. The Camera render is really flat imo.

So, while the Vray render is far better (for my taste), at least in this comparision, it would be interesting to know if Camera could come closer to the Vray render, and how much tweaking would be required.

Looking at the third an the seventh again it is sure high professional skill of the artist on top of a good renderer. Looking at the videos this guy is very good when it comes to color correction in AE. Half the look is due to his ability to mimic fotografic artefacts like vignettes a slight blur in the outer areas of the image together with really nice color correction. His initial renders looks good, but not "wow". A man like him would do great images with any renderer I guess.

Jens

01 January 2010
Ola,

Ola,

This was a internal test in the beta cycle, was not supposed to be here, was a beta render..
so, lots of things changed in the final build.

Thanks

Tom

01 January 2010
Originally Posted by MagicEgger: Ola,

This was a internal test in the beta cycle, was not supposed to be here, was a beta render..
so, lots of things changed in the final build.

Thanks

Tom

Dave are you able to post an updated version?

Buggsy

01 January 2010
I am sure it the latest build looks a lot better
Meantime as of this year 2010, the EIAS still a bit flat IMOP.
Another issue is that these render came from the C4D with Vray, another look is Vray for 3dmax which has being working better for a lot of Architects, there is a thread around about the subject.
Edgard

01 January 2010
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread