reply share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old 10-24-2014, 10:22 AM   #31
runejw
errr... wussup?!...

portfolio
Rune J. W.
Norway

TreeSketch 3.0 was brilliant!

I say _was_ because I just discovered the hard way that it does not work on IOS8.

Any plans to update it ? Please?

Old 03-01-2015, 11:09 PM   #32
fringewood
portfolio
Jerry Walsh
Brenham, United%2BStates

I would also love to see it updated to work on iOS 8. I loved this app, and I used it often to add midrange vegetation to modo. I could even work a little closer in, subdividing the trunk with smoothing. I was working on using modo fur to create pine needles on bare tree trunks. It was a real pain to have to delete it from the iPad.

Old 03-02-2015, 09:37 AM   #33
runejw
errr... wussup?!...

portfolio
Rune J. W.
Norway

I contacted The University of Calgary and Steve Longay (programmer) and unfortunately Steve is finished at the university and off to private business ( Bllip.com ) and noone at the University program seems to want to recompile the code for IOS8, so it has been removed from the App store.

Real pity, as probably it is mostly just recompiling and making minor changes to make it run on IOS8... but that's how it is.

Personally I think a commercial version of Tree Sketch would fare better than a wine label scanning app with a very strange name (ref Bllip.com) but that's how it is. Tree Sketch is an excellent example of "Abandonware".

Old 01-25-2016, 07:39 PM   #34
DMclean
portfolio

Tree Sketch 3 does work on iOS 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by runejw
I contacted The University of Calgary and Steve Longay (programmer) and unfortunately Steve is finished at the university and off to private business ( Bllip.com ) and noone at the University program seems to want to recompile the code for IOS8, so it has been removed from the App store.

Real pity, as probably it is mostly just recompiling and making minor changes to make it run on IOS8... but that's how it is.

Personally I think a commercial version of Tree Sketch would fare better than a wine label scanning app with a very strange name (ref Bllip.com) but that's how it is. Tree Sketch is an excellent example of "Abandonware".

Miraculously enough Tree Sketch 3 does now work on iOS 9. Alas, it is still no longer available on the App Store, so you can't get new copies of it. But, if you were lucky enough to have it already, it is working again (for the moment). It is fabulous on the new iPad Pro.

So sad that it is no longer available. It is an amazing app to create "reasonable" trees in absolutely no time. It doesn't replace Plant Factory or Frog or the like for "hero" trees, but to generate quick relatively low poly trees when you need a whack of them it is amazing.

Sad to see such a great tool just disappear.

reply share thread