Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  

Old 04-16-2013, 10:41 PM   #1
kogame103
portfolio
Mariah Shoaff
Student
Art Institute of Indianapolis
Greenfield, USA

2D vs 3D animation (research paper help)

If someone could be so kind to direct me to some articles, books, or magazines that professions discuss 2D vs 3D animation. Mostly production costs, any conflicts, and where they think that the industry is leading to.

If there is any information on the forum that would be great! I am just having so much trouble finding references I can cite in MLA.

Thank you,

Mariah

Old 04-16-2013, 11:36 PM   #2
Andrewty07
lifelong scholar of art

portfolio
Andrew Prewett
Animator
walnut creek, USA

Hello Mariah,

I doubt anyone on the forums has specific references that are citable ready to be shared. The common response most posts like your one would get is something along the lines of this. When I wrote a paper about a similar topic in college I found "Drawing the Line" was a useful reference regarding 2d traditional animation. There probably won't be too much information comparing the fields on the forums since everything here is more toward CG, production costs and problems can be found in the general discussion or news forums in threads about closures and other industry issues such as:

Disney Shutting Down Lucasarts

VFX vs Video Game Industry Salaries

Those two popped up just looking one page into forums so please look harder and research more or posts like yours are taken as "I didn't want to do work searching so give me references". Best of luck on your paper and hopefully you can find what you are looking for.

Old 04-17-2013, 01:30 AM   #3
kogame103
portfolio
Mariah Shoaff
Student
Art Institute of Indianapolis
Greenfield, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrewty07
Hello Mariah,

I doubt anyone on the forums has specific references that are citable ready to be shared. The common response most posts like your one would get is something along the lines of this. When I wrote a paper about a similar topic in college I found "Drawing the Line" was a useful reference regarding 2d traditional animation. There probably won't be too much information comparing the fields on the forums since everything here is more toward CG, production costs and problems can be found in the general discussion or news forums in threads about closures and other industry issues such as:

Disney Shutting Down Lucasarts

VFX vs Video Game Industry Salaries

Those two popped up just looking one page into forums so please look harder and research more or posts like yours are taken as "I didn't want to do work searching so give me references". Best of luck on your paper and hopefully you can find what you are looking for.

Sorry been working at this all day. Google has been my friend yes, but I need book resources. I headed to the library but thought to ask if there are any professionals on here who may have wrote about the topic.

Thanks for your help. I am not very good at searching forums. Sorry I sounded like an idiot.

Old 04-20-2013, 08:52 AM   #4
jeffthomann
Art's a lifestyle...
portfolio
Jeff Thomann
Columbia, USA

I think CGW discusses it sometimes... Nice mag. Many of their articles in the magazine end up on their website eventually later.

http://www.cgw.com/

Just a little search on 2d vs 3d.... lots of other possible - use your imagination... http://www.cgw.com/Site-Search.aspx?C=2d%20vs%203d

Last edited by jeffthomann : 04-20-2013 at 08:56 AM.

Old 04-20-2013, 08:52 AM   #5
CGTalk Moderation
Expert
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread