Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  

Old 01-28-2013, 01:40 AM   #1
xXShuyaXx
portfolio
Shuya Aki Tatsuya
Auckland, New Zealand

[WIP] Final Fantasy VIII Remake Models

Hey guys, I think this is my first WIP post here, I think I posed a few time in the HELP section before when I was still in school;;

I've posted the work which I'm about to post here on various other forums for critic, but despite the many views each post recieved, hardly any commented T_T

Anyways, a few details about this WIP thread. Around late November last year, I started a personal background project to revisualize and model the Characters from the classic 1999 game, Final Fantasy VIII.

At this present time, I have modelled Rinoa and Squall. Here they are ^^

Here is Rinoa, she around 80% done atm. The coat texture is just test quality... also this render is about 3 weeks old;;

Now here's Squall

More work on these models can be viewed on my DeviantART's account here -
http://chronelic.deviantart.com/

Thanks for viewing my WIP thread!

Old 01-29-2013, 11:47 AM   #2
WChestnutt
Lord of the posts

portfolio
William Chestnutt
Director
Lymington, United Kingdom

Nice work so far but I think they both need some work to the cheekbones area, squall definitely needs more definition (chookbones moving up slightly) whilst rhinoa I think needs a slightly plumper face (very very minor mind you).. once she has eye lashes I am sure it will look closer to the original if that is what you were going for?

Best, W

Old 01-29-2013, 12:06 PM   #3
xXShuyaXx
portfolio
Shuya Aki Tatsuya
Auckland, New Zealand

Quote:
Originally Posted by WChestnutt
Nice work so far but I think they both need some work to the cheekbones area, squall definitely needs more definition (chookbones moving up slightly) whilst rhinoa I think needs a slightly plumper face (very very minor mind you).. once she has eye lashes I am sure it will look closer to the original if that is what you were going for?

Best, W

Hi Chestnutt

I am actually going for a slightly different approach than the 100% original design. I always felt that Rinoa was tad bit off.. so I gave her a more slightly sharper look. Though from the front view, it's more accurate (I'll get around to uploading a front view soon)

For Squall... he looked way older than he was in the original;; Squall's new design in Dissidia was a love/hate relationship for me, loved the young lookin design, but hate the design overall... So I combined both designs together, based on the original VIII design and added details from the Dissidia design. Which resulted to a younger looking, but still lookalike Squall;;;; haha

Old 01-29-2013, 12:16 PM   #4
xXShuyaXx
portfolio
Shuya Aki Tatsuya
Auckland, New Zealand

I want to know what material is best for hair, I'm currently using blinn in Maya 2013 with maps atm. But it looks really flat and plastic T_T

Could anyone enlighten of some shaders in Maya for hair?

Old 01-29-2013, 12:16 PM   #5
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread