fusionThing plugin now available...

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

11 November 2006
Hi Guys,
No - the bulk email hasn't gone out yet (trouble with mail merging) - though it is mainly just to make sure that everyone knows about the UB update and R10 compatability.

I need to know your individual R10 serials anyway to generate your new keys,
so if you need one then email me, and I'll reply with your new key and the UB build. (Please email rather than PMing me - it makes it easier for me to find you in my database.)

Cheers - Steve

12 December 2006
Bumped. Did the FusionThing UB email go out?

12 December 2006
Originally Posted by nycL45: Bumped. Did the FusionThing UB email go out?

Yes - finally. Sent out earlier today.

Cheers - Steve

12 December 2006
I've donated a copy of fusionThing as a competition prize at www.c4dnexus.nl, and one of the administrators there has posted a couple of samples of work that he's done with (his own copy of!) fusionThing.

The alien cats are cool...

His post including images and wireframes is here, though note that it's all in Dutch!

If anyone can point me at a GOOD Dutch to English web translator I'd appreciate it.

Cheers - Steve

12 December 2006
Right. So, just to make things clear: the new version of fT is meant for mac, and Windows users can go on using the version they already have without missing anything new?

12 December 2006
Originally Posted by Erik Heyninck: Right. So, just to make things clear: the new version of fT is meant for mac, and Windows users can go on using the version they already have without missing anything new?

Correct.

The current fT version is 1.03, and this is the version that everyone should have (check the C4D console window on startup to check the version number).

The new build has exactly the same functionality, hence is still version 1.03, but is built as a UB, which is _required_ for Mac plugins under C4D R10 (even for PPC...).

For Windows users, I've verified that the current build works under R10, and no rebuild was needed, just new keycodes.

That said, I'm supporting it under R10, so if anyone DOES find any compatibility problems under R10 that I've missed, then I'll try to fix them.

Cheers - Steve

12 December 2006
Right man. Thumbs up for lots of new users!

12 December 2006
Two quick experiments. Nice plugin!
Both below 200kb
http://www.onesmall.com/stuff/maskman1.jpg
http://www.onesmall.com/stuff/spkeyfusion.jpg
Rainer

12 December 2006
like that last picture lemo..unusual fish like that bit..bit cluttered around the outside..did you try it without all the others surrounding...or maybe three with different scale..and fish swimming between and around ..slightly odd suggestions i guess...like the image.

Henry Moore

12 December 2006
can i ask a question about functionality?

when you distribute the objects on the surface like in the face picture...or on a meg/otto face...with most cloning tools you might have problems with scale proportional to polygon is this possible....or scale proportional to the selection area...so you don't get very tight clusters of clones usually around dense mesh areas like mouth/eyes...eg i'd like to be able to balance it out a little better...a cheek area is usually large polys widely spread but eye socket is very dense...i'd like balance in cloning so it doesn't look like its just cloned on a poly and its clear what the topology is...? is this possible with ft?

Henry Moore

12 December 2006
It's per poly. It snaps to the poly's you select. I'm not that fit in C4D yet, but in XSI I can mark that dense area, lift a new mesh of that, simplify it with polygon reduction (works great with simple quad meshes) and then use that for the clone effect... Something along that line.
I liked it actually with the change in density. But the tool has pretty much unlimited adjustments. Also what scale belongs. Take a look on site. The wild thing is the mode in which the additions remain procedural and are changing along with other deformations... Pretty amazing when you shrink/grow sections and everything 'pulses' with it. Great tool.

And yes, that fishy pic will be revisited. I will make a propper composition with plants around it. Not an aquarium... more something surreal... I'll post it when done. I like that theme to.
Maybe a cool little animation with the fishy swiming around.... But firs the still.

Glad you like it!
Rainer

12 December 2006
i wonder it can be possible to do some proportional sizing...so say evaluate model..take largest poly area and smallest poly area...and evaluate placement size on an average or proportional scales between largest and smallest..maybe even over area of model selection...or evaluate selection area proportional to single poly...i don't want to break up the model..i know some like the following of topology look but its old hat now...i want to be able to make a more random look to things less cg...with all cloning type tool..jenna/ditool/mo etc..you can randomise and place to noise texture but its not cutting it for me because essentially they are placing clones related always to individual poly..edge, point, normal...its a kind of area thing but also offsetting normal and proportional sizing...
btw...this is not a knock on fusionthing was just wondering whether steve had any ideas on whether is or isn't likely to be possible in future...of course if he can understand my ramblings.. :-/

Henry Moore

01 January 2007
I have a problem with this plugin.
Make a cube with 20 mm segments.
Then i make a plane 20mm by 20 mm the same as the cube segemsnts with on top of that a ring with the same size as the plane 20m 20mm.
Connect this together and make the plane an child.
When i want to connect the plane with the ring on the cube it's placed inside the cube and when i connect it to the cube it cuts out the segments its connected.
What iám doing wrong

01 January 2007
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread