3D artists Making money on the side...Tell us your ideas..

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

2 Weeks Ago
I always worked as illustrator... Since the traditional way of paint get out, 3d, as an alternative to the photos, take clearly the suite... I don't say it's very simple... It's necessary to have agents (representatives) of your portfolio, and if possible in usa and europ... But there is work, really, and you go through all the creative process, delivering finished pictures, or videos animated...In fact, for advertising, 3d has been a great opportunity, as a lot of photos are either too expansive to do, ot just impossible to shoot in real world...

Last edited by celmar : 2 Weeks Ago at 08:17 PM.

2 Weeks Ago
Originally Posted by floatingworld: Does anyone have feedback on CGTRADER? Is this a valuable resource for those who want to sell models/plugins/software?
I don't have any info from the seller standpoint, but I buy 1-3 vehicle models from there about once a month. Usually from Humster3d.

2 Weeks Ago
I would think "agents" might be a great way to make money. Have you had experience with agents? I've done sales reps type folks where I pay them only in commission and they find folks but a real art agent for big accounts I have not done.

Any ideas?

2 Weeks Ago
Originally Posted by ilovekaiju: I would think "agents" might be a great way to make money. Have you had experience with agents? I've done sales reps type folks where I pay them only in commission and they find folks but a real art agent for big accounts I have not done.

Any ideas?
Most of the top illustrators I knew in the US moved away from reps and agents as they were becoming too expensive. Many of them to my disappointment have left illustration since the race to the bottom prices crept in and are now just creating websites and branding packages for people.

What helps me is to align with entrepreneurs, small businesses, engineers and technical experts that need graphics and animations for their reports and proposals.

2 Weeks Ago
effectively, I'm working with agents, and they cost 25 per cent of all the assignments...ok ok... But they are (in theory) searching work all the time, and , in fact, get better deals than me, when I negociate directly... And also, I devote all my time drawing, and making 3d, and don't want to spend time searching work,... So, one in one another, I found them really useful, since 30 years... But of course, if you go "alone", you earn 25 % more!!
seriously, having the talent to draw, AND to sale, is unusual, really!!!
about ten years ago, all illustrators, we though that the web was going to allow to work with on line portfolios, without representative... right now, I found that it doesn't turn like that at all, but who knows? maybe later... actually, for a client,(editors, advertising agency) , searching on the web is really complicated... I think, how to say... too much good art, too much bad art...

2 Weeks Ago
Originally Posted by celmar: searching on the web is really complicated... I think, how to say... too much good art, too much bad art...
finding reliable trustworthy talent is anything as well.....you get what you pay for

2 Weeks Ago
Originally Posted by ilovekaiju: Now if there are any 3d artists on this site who would help me model just 5 models I can turn it into a million dollars for you if you go on this journey with me. I need some modeling help.
Great modelers needed. This is my one shout out. I will turn your 5 models of my characters into 1 - 2 million dollars for you if you are interested.

I've got some free time, maybe i can help?

1 Week Ago
That would be awesome. Feel free to PM me and we can talk more.

1 Week Ago
Advertise your 3D models on artisgl.com for free!

Artis Graphic Laboratory can help you.

Publish your models on atisgl.com, give your price and link it to your marketplace, allowing thousands of artisgl.com visitors to see your ALIVE models instead of screenshots, pictures and descriptions.
Using this free service is very easy by following steps below:

1. Register at artisgl.com.

2. Download free ArtisGL 3d Publisher from Windows 10 store.

3. Launch the application and import your 3D model.

4. Edit your 3D model if necessary, put it in different environments, create views and appearances, show wireframes, adjust properties such as opacity, shininess, color, emission, reflectivity, etc.,

5. Publish your model to the artisgl.com portal, mentioning price and link where this model can be purchased.

6. Access your published 3D models any time and make any changes.ArtisGL is secure and it does not store original 3D data on the website. 3D models are encrypted and optimized for the web.

Do not hesitate to contact us with any questions,
Good Luck!

https://artisgl.com/

reply share thread