The planning of a Halloween costume – help?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

11 November 2005
Finally home!

@Elsie:
Seems I'm not the only one with this problem, weird! And yes, it was embarassing for me, too, haha.

Quote: Weirdest thing? Guys were hitting on me! What the hell?! The way I looked, I wouldn't have touched me with a stick o.O

Well, *I* am not surprised, not at all. You look damn sexy and if I were there I would definitely take a chance and hit on you, too, haha. In fact, if all demons in Hell look like this then I don't mind going straight to Hell when it's my turn to cross the Styx, haha (well, who wants to go to Heaven anyway ). Well, hot, very hot... Makes me wanna wear a costume at Halloween myself, but as I know me I would get it wrecked and torn apart before the end of the night, so the work would be wasted on me .

11 November 2005
Yeah, I know there's some stuff I could have done better - in retrospect... I'm still very happy with how it turned out, though. The fact that the 'helmet' part of the costume ended up looking like a helmet wasn't intentional, and I wish it hadn't, but I don't think the front part of it would have held up the weight if it wasn't as thick as it was.

I'll learn new techniques for next year I'm already trying to think of a new theme, haha! Feel free to help me out. And no, I won't go as a cutsey fairy, a mermaid or anything that's darling and doll. I'd go as a devil, but this year's costume is a bit too close to that. Ah well, I've got an entire year to plan...

Thank you so much everyone - the costume was hard work and fun, and I'm thrilled to hear that you all seem to have liked the outcome.

As for my page being blocked from some places - what the hell? o.O I wonder how that can be. There's pretty much no nudity on my webpage. Weird.

D'artiste

Painting eyes
Painting hair

11 November 2005
Not even an evil mermaid? I could see you being a fantastically evil mermaid with cool scales and you could make a tail!

Still no?

11 November 2005
Originally Posted by Enayla: As for my page being blocked from some places - what the hell? o.O I wonder how that can be. There's pretty much no nudity on my webpage. Weird.

Yeah, that was what I thought, weirdly you can get onto tons of art reference sites with full nudes. Stupid admins...spent a full thirty minutes whining at my professor hah. I could get onto it a few weeks ago, so I thought maybe they'd blocked it cos I'd been on it too much, but then CGtalk would definitely be blocked. Um, hope I haven't just jinxed myself.

I agree with Theresa about the mermaid, I think you could pull that off so well. Or, cliche, but some sort of vampire or dark goddess....i'd love to see you do that kind of makeup.

Last edited by Elsie : 11 November 2005 at 07:00 PM.

11 November 2005
I had to use my moms computer for a lnog time, the thing had just about anything blocked lol. I couldn't even take a look at my horoscope or send an email via msn mail. Cathegories:
-interactivity
-occult

probably in whichever order
modelling practice #1

11 November 2005
I'm certainly partial to an underwater demoness costume for next year, perhaps with some crustacean mixed in!

I know that when you hear "mermaid" you think of "The Little Mermaid", but this concept has potential, I think. Blue/green makeup, gills, spines, fins, scales, wicked cool fishhook inspired jewelery... Just to give you a hint of what I'm thinking, this was originally posted at conceptart.org by electroganic:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg electoganic_fishportrait_side.jpg (66.4 KB, 104 views)

11 November 2005
Linda, you have just given me a million more reasons to idolize (worship) you, so now my list has nearly a trillion or so things. I aspire to paint with your skill one day (though most likely a different style, especially since I recently am so much into clothing design rather than fantasy. Oh I want to be a clothing/video game concept artist). The costume is absolutely gorgeous! The painting is amazing and well done, especially the sides of your face. How did you manage to do your back? The horns and collar are just specatcular, so crimson and yet so sparkly (two of my favorite things). I loooove the costume. As to your earlier comment, I can't see why they wouldn't hit on you. Of course, I may be a bit biased, but I would just cling and never let go, ever. Now that this project is finished, I can't wait to see another of your pieces. I already have D'artiste: Digital Painting, and I am waiting for the special edition of Exotique. Your Master and Servant 2D Winning piece is gorgeous beyond all words and thought. I am so fully of anticipation for your next piece. Thank you for reading all of this babble and nearly creepy amounts of adoration, but once again, your works are delectably exquisite. I could just look at Songs Under the Apple Tree for hours, drooling at the realistic enticement of that red apple.

<Edit>I think you should go as a glamorous spider queen next year, with webs of sparkly chains, ribbons, lace, georgette, and dewy crystals. You could use wool or tweed for the body with satin accents, and shining metallic beads and jet glass. You have really inspired me (with my newly developed obsession with clothing design) to create my own costume next year. I loooooove painting my face, and I have a million things in mind, although it will be a while before I can afford all the MAC make up I will probably use for it. MAC makes wonderful waterproof and high pigment make up, wonderful to use for the professional. </edit>

Yours Truly,
Eleine

Last edited by UrbanKunoichi : 11 November 2005 at 11:38 PM.

11 November 2005
Linda, just reviewed your pics of the costume. AMAZING! SPECTACULAR, even! What an imposing visage... excellent work, my dear.

Start brainstorming for next year.

Cheers

I'm dancin' like a monkey!

11 November 2005
thats really amazing Enayla, you'd qualify for a top costome designer

Can I ask you what type of camera you are using

11 November 2005
How about some sort of gorgon/medusa type of character? You could make yourself a ''snakey-wig'' and such.. Could be interesting, and you can get those nice lens you wanted early too, to get a ''gaze made of stone''. Evil yet you can use another color scheme.. This year was red/purple, year before was all about greys if i remember correctly the gargoyle? Next year could be with blues and greens and some greys too. I'm sure you'd pull that off wonderfully, but eh, only a suggestion.

As for the ''blocked page'' issues.. I've been having similar weird glitches with IE lately with various sites, not sure why.

11 November 2005
You could also go as Elisabeth Bathory, if it's not too cliché/cheesy for you... Well, maybe it is... It would give you a good excuse for wearing a fancy baroque gown, though (and maybe some nice lenses). However, probably no horns then (but who knows, you could be creative about that).

Otherwise I can second the others who suggested an "evil" mermaid or something like that... Or a phantom/zombie mermaid, think about how the Little Mermaid would look like after couple of days lying dead in the sun in her best evening dress...

Whatever you decide, I think taking something we all know for being sweet, good and fancy and turning it into something wicked, evil and ugly (but not too ugly, please ) would turn out best... Be shocking, be surprising *g*. Check your local fairytales, maybe an evil Red Riding Hood? Or Blood Stained Snowwhite? Something like that .

11 November 2005
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread