Gr2: Cpt Scott Mitchell, Red Storm Entertainment, Joseph Drust | Jeff Mcfadyen (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

09 September 2004
Gr2: Cpt Scott Mitchell, Red Storm Entertainment, Joseph Drust | Jeff Mcfadyen (3D)

Title: Gr2: Cpt Scott Mitchell
Name: Red Storm Entertainment, Joseph Drust | Jeff Mcfadyen
Software: 3ds max, Deep Paint, Photoshop

This is a render of the in-game character model of Captain Scott Mitchell from Ghost Recon 2. The model is around 4700 polys (triangles) with two 512 texture maps including specular maps.

A former enlisted soldier from Ohio, Captain Scott Mitchell worked his way up through the ranks to become the leader of the elite Ghosts. Mitchell is the consummate soldier. He leads by example and believes that respect is earned, not awarded.

I'll post wires and concept up shortly :)

Thanks,

-Joseph-

09 September 2004
Wires:

Concept:

-Joseph-

09 September 2004
Forgot to post the high res version as well

<<-High Res Version->>

-Joseph-

09 September 2004
Looks awesome Ghost Recon has some of the best military character models i've seen! The Model is very clean and the textures are great cant wait to see more. I like the beauty render if i had one critic it be his head position, it looks like its turned to the right to much.
Its not that big of deal though you guys did a great job go go go!!

-Bluez

09 September 2004
very good modele/wire/topo ! yes !& i like your texture !
very realistic

09 September 2004
Wow lovely work! I'm a HUGE Ghost Recon fan The front of his pants look slightly strange, but it's probably just compression in your image

Good stuff! I'm looking forward to playing the game!

09 September 2004
Thumbs up

excellent use of polys, you guys definitely look like you went above and beyond. i hope it looks at least halfway as decent in the game engines and you dont lose any detail.
i cant wait to play this game. my buddy brian (he made the gun) that you work with hooked me up with the link to the post. id just like to say that you guys are doing a sick job!
-ed

09 September 2004
Hey there old friends.

This is awesome stuff. The characters have really come a long way since the first Ghost Recon (and those were really good). The character, the weapon, everything. Makes me wish I was still at Red Storm! Nice concept art too Jeff. Very nice.

Tim A.

09 September 2004
Smile

We are extremely excited that you all like it. Thanks a ton for you kind words Ed and Bluemouse. I think Jeff and Joe are doing an amazing job with the characters and I hope they can post more in the future.

09 September 2004
Absolutely fabulous. Love the game. Love the artwork. My one crit is about the weapon. Its colored like a piece of candy, why? Looks to flashy for an elite group of soldiers that sneak around. Just a thought.

09 September 2004
very good for a low facing, the texture is really great.the rifle makes me think of a HK mp5.

09 September 2004
Hey piggyson! Very huge fan of the Clancy games (SOAF, GR, SC). Love(d) your GR tutorial website. What happened to it, BTW?

Onto the model: Very awesome combo of texturing and modeling. No crit's whatsoever. Do you have an in-game shot of the same character?

Anyway, I'm glad to see you posting here. Your website definitely helped me make mods for Sum of All Fears. Speaking of which, is Red Storm planning a spin-off or similar game to Sum of All Fears?

09 September 2004
your work is great. these great works makes a game to be great.

09 September 2004
Great job guys. Modeling and texturing is top notch. I dig the beauty shot. This is getting me pretty excited about the game.

09 September 2004
Thanks for all the feedback =)

DAREONER/Michael_Kasper: The weapon is the M8 (Which is made by HK, same people that created the Mp5.) Soldiers in the field sometimes spray paint their weapons in order to break up the lines it creates. So you will often see soldiers with strangly painted weapons

rockymaru: My old webhosting started to fall apart so I took my whole site down. I found new hosting but haven't had time to transfer over the Ghost Recon tutorial site again. (Luckly a lot of people mirrored it Screenshots of the character in the game (with the final texturing shown above) should start showing up soon on ign/gamespy/gamespot.

Thanks again for all the comments

Thread Closed share thread