Compiling Renders into Video + PS Actions

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

11 November 2002
Compiling Renders into Video + PS Actions

I have come to the point where I'd like to do some experimentation with animation. But, my questions are these:

1. Are there any freeware tools for compiling image sequences (ouputted from LW) into movie files that anyone here can recommend?

2. What method could one use to apply a Photoshop 'Action' that I create to an entire sequence of images, without having to Open-->Apply Action-->Resave each image file?

Any ideas appreciated!

11 November 2002
I don't have any recommendations for item 1 but you could do a search on Google.com for Video Editors.

For item 2 look in the File menu under Automate. There is a batch function which will let you apply the action of you choice to the contents of a folder.

- ub52

11 November 2002
For Number 1, use LW.
Input your image sequence as a background image and render out a movie file.

11 November 2002
The PS thing,..Edit/automate Batch. It's pretty easy. In LW do you want to edit the images then export them to a movie type. If not then you can just save it out as whatever you want in your "render" settings

11 November 2002
Thanks all!

...Turning out to be easier than I thought. I don't know how I could have missed the File-->Batch thing in PS. I was trying to find a way to do it from within the Action section itself, I guess.

Rendering out background image sequences from LW seems to work fine, too. Although I wonder how well LW will react with larger sequences (i.e. full size image sequences can tally up the megabytes pretty quick). So, I checked out the freeware 'VirtualDub'. It can compile video out of image sequences, too.

Smooth sailing, so far.

11 November 2002
For compiling images sequences, I use pjbmp2avi a little freeware prog that converts bmp or tga seq to avi, easy to use and fast.
Anyway, Jahshaka seems to be a very interestin prog.

11 November 2002
Quote: Originally posted by Kaiser_Sose
Here you go

http://www.jahshaka.com/

That looks VERY interesting.

11 November 2002
Quote: Originally posted by cyroz2000
For compiling images sequences, I use pjbmp2avi a little freeware prog that converts bmp or tga seq to avi, easy to use and fast.
Anyway, Jahshaka seems to be a very interestin prog.

Whoa, thanks alot, I used framecycler alot before (commercial uses) and I loved it, I didn't know there was something similar and freeware out there!

01 January 2006
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread