Viewing Polycount in Realtime

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

09 September 2013
Question Viewing Polycount in Realtime

I'm looking for a way to view the polycount of my selected object as well as my entire scene in while I'm editing the models. I was able to do this rather easily in 3ds Max, but as I am transitioning to C4D, I am finding that I miss this feature which is very important to me as a game artist.

Right now I can only see the polycount on the HUD if I have my object selected and I'm in polygon mode. Or, I can press CTRL+I to see the polycount for my entire scene (but I can't edit the scene while I'm doing it).

A search of this forum led me to a plugin called Budget, which is exactly what I need. But it appears that it is unsupported for R14 (not to mention R15, which I am currently evaluating).

If anyone knows something that I don't or can point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it.

09 September 2013
Is it possible that such a basic feature doesn't exist in C4d?

09 September 2013
In the perspective viewport click on 'Options > Configure...' (or shift+v) then look for the HUD tab. There are all the options that you can show in the viewport HUD. Statistics will show the entire scene and you can show selected polys, edges...etc. Hopefully that is what you are after.

Edit: Not statistics, sorry. Total Polygons is what you want. There is an option for that.

09 September 2013
I use the HUD option all the time, especially the number of selected; points, edges and pollys, this really helps to make sure you don't grab something by mistake and get an unexpected result.

09 September 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread