The old wrinkles made by gold soil WIP

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

08 August 2012
Smile The old wrinkles made by gold soil WIP

Hello Everyone!
My First post on CG Society! I have recently started work on Zbrush. very much newbie. I have started sculpting a human head (an old African) I dream for several time an African old man smiling and suggesting my future in top of a hill. I am trying to shape him. Actually this is my first work in Zbrush. I am learning. Some books I have to mention is helping me in this process. I believe every new comer should follow these books or at least some knowledge on real time sculpting. Then Zbrush can be an ultimate tool!! the books are:

1. Zbrush Character Creation from 3d Creative, author Rafael Ghencev (My Mentor)
2. Zbrush Digital Sculpting Human Anatomy by Scott Spencer with Eric Killer and Paul Gaboury(What a Split of Analysis!)
3. Zbrush Getting Started ( Very good Resource)
4. Eliot Goldfinger Human Anatomy For Artists (The Elements of Form)

Ok...I have started my base mesh from Zbrush Character Creation from 3d Creative, author Rafael Ghencev's resource. But I hate to use other's resource. I am right now learning a sculpting method to use Zsphere to work with this base mesh. And feeling comfortable with this one now on. I am a Maya user too. So after this project I will use my own system. But as shortage of time I am using this one. So any way I am working for 4 days till now and here are some WIP:
Day 1

Day2

Day3

Day4

Please give me your suggestion. I am very much new in this. So I need lot to learn from you all.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg icon.jpg (12.2 KB, 132 views)

08 August 2012
Some Updates:
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

08 August 2012
We lose some cheek bone.

08 August 2012
too much details / subd at this stage. looks more like a crumpled peace of paper than a human face with a real structure underneath

08 August 2012
It looks great up to Day 2. I don't know what old African men look like, but yours looks far too wrinkled, or crumpled. I'd go back a couple of steps, you have a great Day 2 head to go with.

08 August 2012
give us some reference pictures for comparison

08 August 2012
Sculpting lips video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...d&v=1VdA6LP3CG4

It may help! Look for proportions, this for example

The head is divided by 3,5 parts

Chin to Nose
Nose to Eyes
Eyes to forehead
and forehead to top of the head.

Use the transpose units to help you on the measure. If you make a transpose line from the Eyes to forehead and go to "Preferences->Transpose Units-> Set Units" You turn your transpose line a value of 1. From then, use that measure to make the rest of the head parts.

Remember, first the proportions + form, and after that, detail.

As for the detail, in this case, wrinkles, I suggest you study a bit about wrinkles and how to make them and how they actually "work"

Good Luck

08 August 2012
Thank you all!! Its great seeing some suggestions at last!! I am going to implement it right here, right now.lets do it again from day 2. Thanks everyone.

08 August 2012
is the anatomy working correctly in face?
[IMG][/IMG]

08 August 2012

Do you see the eye lids? The eye lids lean forward!

08 August 2012
Your mouth is a little to fatty

08 August 2012
Hey Guys!! Thanks a lott!! If I would in your state or country...I would definitely hang out with you guys...sharing some beer and you know burgers and yum yum!!! I am a food lover BTW. I always eat high end foods with my high end friends!!! really hope I cud get u guys!! Thanks for the updates and suggestion man!!! I m going to implement it now!! Lets see... !!

Last edited by fahadhasanpathik : 08 August 2012 at 06:27 PM.

08 August 2012
I have seen a demonstration from Zworkshop...And really think I have to learn a ton!!! So I am going to buy some printed edition of anatomy. Feeling like I am in a blank space right now. Thats why a illiterate boy is nothing compare to the giants! Knowledge comes first in the row. So guys I need some suggestion how should I study Anatomy. I am from a business class back ground and in science matter I really a dumb. Help me out guys. May be I should learn the words, function and placement then implement those in this model first? will it work? Totally blank!!

08 August 2012
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread