Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  

Old 10-22-2012, 11:58 AM   #1
Arvick
portfolio
Arviansyah Adhi
SMAN 13
Jakarta Utara, Indonesia

[Cinema 4D] Arc reactor

Hello guys, I am new here, I just want to show you my project in Cinema 4D. And FYI I am still a beginner or newbie in the worlds of CG but I like it. So, for our goodness I need some advice or critics on my work, especially in this work I need some advice on how to make a life looking wire (The red thing that you see in the middle is supposed to be a wire) and also I need some critiques on my lightning. Thank you before

The rock-like things you see in the first and third pictures are supposed to be a sharpnel that prevented by the energy of the reactor.

Old 10-26-2012, 04:48 AM   #2
Arvick
portfolio
Arviansyah Adhi
SMAN 13
Jakarta Utara, Indonesia

Come on guys, I really need critiques, is it already good? But I think it isn't, because the lightning isn't good enough and I need some advice what details should I add to this thing to make it better

Old 10-26-2012, 02:27 PM   #3
jister
Frequenter

portfolio
Jethro Volders
Hasselt, Belgium

i think it's hard to say because it's quite abstract... i do like the overall feel very much although i have no clue what i'm looking at :-) i guess it's a reactor the generates a strong electro-magnetic field of some sort?
maybe if you show/build it into more of a scene it becomes more clear...? or put some refractive distortion around it so that you hint a kind of field it's emitting?

Old 10-27-2012, 04:40 PM   #4
Arvick
portfolio
Arviansyah Adhi
SMAN 13
Jakarta Utara, Indonesia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jister
i think it's hard to say because it's quite abstract... i do like the overall feel very much although i have no clue what i'm looking at :-) i guess it's a reactor the generates a strong electro-magnetic field of some sort?
maybe if you show/build it into more of a scene it becomes more clear...? or put some refractive distortion around it so that you hint a kind of field it's emitting?

Your guessing is absolutely right, at this time I was wondering is it better to put distortion around it or put some sharpnel that formed around the reactor as they were repelled by the reactor ?

also, can you give me some option for the scene? My thought is I put the arc in a room where there are many electrical sparkles that spread around the room, but I have no idea how to create the sparkles :-(

Old 10-30-2012, 07:17 PM   #5
NZcgi
Veteran
portfolio
noah
boston, USA

It was pretty clear to me it was from iron man. However you might want to work on the textures to make it look more like metal and less like perfectly shined plastic. And add more wires, look at pictures from the movie as reference.

Old 11-01-2012, 03:40 PM   #6
Arvick
portfolio
Arviansyah Adhi
SMAN 13
Jakarta Utara, Indonesia

Here are some updates to my work with more wires and some refined texture :

Old 11-03-2012, 11:58 AM   #7
jister
Frequenter

portfolio
Jethro Volders
Hasselt, Belgium

ah ok i see now it's the thing from ironman, well for a scene put it in a high tech lab, maybe just on a table so you get a better sense of scale with some tools laying around and so...?

Old 11-05-2012, 03:27 PM   #8
Arvick
portfolio
Arviansyah Adhi
SMAN 13
Jakarta Utara, Indonesia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jister
ah ok i see now it's the thing from ironman, well for a scene put it in a high tech lab, maybe just on a table so you get a better sense of scale with some tools laying around and so...?

Nice idea, I think it's worth trying . Thanks :-)

Old 11-26-2012, 09:41 AM   #9
Kanga
KillaRoo

portfolio
Chris Kautz
Freelancer/Character artist.
Netherlands

Send a message via ICQ to Kanga Send a message via MSN to Kanga
Your images take a long time to load and I am on a fast connection. Optimize the shots for the web by using a jpg compression at about 80% and bring down the dimensions if they are too big.

Really slow loading images ensure you get very few reactions.

Edit, oh I see them now. Yup the idea is not very developed so it doesn't tell much of a story. You are going to have a tough time making something that communicates if there is no context. Nice renders though.

Last edited by Kanga : 11-26-2012 at 09:44 AM.

Old 12-07-2012, 01:40 PM   #10
Arvick
portfolio
Arviansyah Adhi
SMAN 13
Jakarta Utara, Indonesia

That's the update of my project, I'm trying to make a high tech lab, like what jister suggest to me. It's still less than 20% of my project.

Old 12-07-2012, 02:18 PM   #11
feed3r
3d-artist
portfolio
Julian H.
Stuttgart, Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvick
That's the update of my project, I'm trying to make a high tech lab, like what jister suggest to me. It's still less than 20% of my project.

There are some issues with your phong angle. Check the object's phong tag and decrease the angle to something around 30 for hard surface objects.

Old 12-17-2012, 09:36 AM   #12
Arvick
portfolio
Arviansyah Adhi
SMAN 13
Jakarta Utara, Indonesia

\

Added arc charger, glasses and monitor

Last edited by Arvick : 12-17-2012 at 09:57 AM.

Old 12-20-2012, 04:04 PM   #13
chanyy
portfolio
YenYee Chan
Seremban, Malaysia

Send a message via MSN to chanyy
Maybe you should start planning the composition.
From there you can plan what props to put in the frame.
A close-up shot of the arc-reactor would be nice, with background establish Tony Stark's lab.

Old 12-20-2012, 04:04 PM   #14
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread