portfolio
Robert Wilson
Conceept Artist and Illustrator
longview WA, USA

Beloved, Robert Wilson (2D)

Title: Beloved
Name: Robert Wilson
Software: Photoshop 7

This is a portrait I did of my wife, I actually used a reference which is something I rarely do.
It took over 10 hours to do probably. I had lots of fun doing it, I may do more referenced pics. I can not post the ref pic cause my wife wont let me. Enjoy.

Old 08-30-2004, 01:35 PM   #2
tuzz
music addict

Holger
student
Berlin, Germany

Send a message via ICQ to tuzz Send a message via MSN to tuzz Send a message via Yahoo to tuzz
Thumbs up

I like that picture!
Its interesting to me, as i am currently drawing a female face as well. The light and shadow parts are good, although i feel like you could have made even more shadows, seemed a little shy with the darker parts, like you felt you could do too much shadows, if you understand what i want to say

The left eye looks strange. Looks to me as if you started it, then it did not go well and you did not really care about it, just finished the whole piece. If i am wrong with this please dont take it personal. If this eye would be more detailed and drawed/painted with as much patience/excellence as the right eye this picture would get 4 stars from me - this way its just 3 stars

but i like it

Old 08-30-2004, 11:45 PM   #3
dinfet
Frequenter

portfolio
Robert Wilson
Conceept Artist and Illustrator
longview WA, USA

tuzz: thanks for the reply, Im glad you like it, I will try to fix the left eye, I think if I enlarge it a hair then move it a little down and over it will fix it....you think?

Old 08-31-2004, 10:10 AM   #4
tuzz
music addict

Holger
student
Berlin, Germany

Send a message via ICQ to tuzz Send a message via MSN to tuzz Send a message via Yahoo to tuzz
I believe its basically just too small and does not sit at the right position.

I would try to start with painting it a little cleaner. That might even be enough. Try that, dont change the postion but paint it with more care and then we'll see again

cheers

Old 08-31-2004, 06:49 PM   #5
requiem
cg dj

portfolio
Jason Baldwin
modeler
Dreamworks
Redwood%2Bcity, United%2BStates

First off, I have to say that this is your best painting ever! The robe is amazing. The dragon design is fantastic. The shading on the wall has perfect light diffusion. The neck area is good too. you are finally getting the hang of proper contrast levels though the shadows could be even a little darker. The best part of this image is that it has a lot of emotion. You were really successful in conveying the emotional content.
I'd have to say it doesn't look exactly like amanda, but close enough that i figured it out after a few seconds of looking at the picture. The problem is that the proportions are off. I agree that the left eye is too small, But I also think that the facial features -eyes, nose, mouth- are streched out to far up on the face. Again, the distance from the chin to the middle of the eyes is equal to the distance from the middle of the eyes to the top of the head (excluding hair) If you adjust that and the left eye the picture should be much more accurate.
Keep painting like this Man, this is by far the best you've ever done!

Old 01-19-2006, 03:00 AM   #6
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread