Nude female study

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 09 September 2013   #1
Nude female study

I'm doing this in 3D Coat; I'm starting with voxels then I'll go over it in finer detail with Live Clay, then I'll auto topologize it (hopefully by the time I'm ready for that Andrew will have released his new autopo ) and paint it for rendering in Maxwell.

I'm looking forward to using this model for learning about doing hair in Maya.

Old 09 September 2013   #2
At this stage I've still got the voxels down to a pretty low level; overall it's at 650,000 surface triangles on the voxels. I could easily take it to 22 million with this rig.

And there's still Live Clay waiting in the wings where I can clear out excess geometry where it's not needed and concentrate it where it counts.

Last edited by AncienRegime : 09 September 2013 at 09:32 PM.

Old 09 September 2013   #3
I got up at 10:00 AM (I stayed up till 4:00AM) and made some breakfast then worked on the hands for a couple hours.

This is as far as the details need to be taken in voxels. I'll rework this with Live Clay later

Old 09 September 2013   #4

Last edited by AncienRegime : 09 September 2013 at 08:46 PM.

Old 09 September 2013   #5

Old 09 September 2013   #6

Last edited by AncienRegime : 09 September 2013 at 03:06 AM.

Old 09 September 2013   #7
After working futilely for the most part on some other unrelated project I decided to lay the groundwork for this girl's lower body by bringing in the skeleton I made as part of my anatomy project so I could get a feel for how her legs should work adnd function.

Its proportions are not particularly relevant to this young woman, though it is interesting to see her arms are actually too short.

Old 09 September 2013   #8
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread