KIA OPTIMA - not expected to Gallery

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 10 October 2012   #1
KIA OPTIMA - not expected to Gallery

Hi Community,

I tried twice in 3D Stile Gallery but without Success.
I get always the message:
Your image currently does not meet the general quality level of the Showcase Gallery. There could be a number of different reasons, but generally, images are rejected due to artistic or technical problems.

hm!?

go to my Site for HighRes and more Info:
www.db3d.de

I delivered This two:

and from my Site some shots:

Old 10 October 2012   #2
It's a wonderful rendering of the Kia, they just don't care much for cars in the gallery here. There have been so many photo-realistic renderings of automobiles over the years I think they're just tired of it and want to see something more stylized and unique, which isn't a critique of your work at all, just the preferences of the judges. I really don't remember the last time I saw a realistic rendering of a real modern car in the gallery. You might try CG-Cars where they tend to have more appreciation for the kind of thing you're doing with this piece.

Old 10 October 2012   #3
Yep, now they want to see something like this http://1x.com/photos . So there should be something special about the treatment. I know it adds additional burden after all this modeling, materials shading and lighting, but they seek for creativity and not just good execution. Well yeah, that's tough.

Old 10 October 2012   #4
But if you have a realistic character even without a pose, its ok....

But seriously, You should post this somewhere else. I honestly cannot think any constructive comments to critic your showpiece.

The only reason I think it could be rejected, is that the judges think you need a background, but I think this reason is stupid (if this is the reason), or you need to use a HDRI as lighting to give that HDRI shine on the car. Thats 2 reasons, but thats about it.

I also think the ones on your website looks better than the submitted ones.

IMO, the 3D gallery here isn't worth the time anymore, almost a ghost town, much like much of the sub forums, sadly.

I am also thinking of migrate my works & WIPs somewhere else (or at least parallel) if anyone have a good site.or 2 to recommend.

Old 10 October 2012   #5
Originally Posted by mister3d: Yep, now they want to see something like this http://1x.com/photos . So there should be something special about the treatment. I know it adds additional burden after all this modeling, materials shading and lighting, but they seek for creativity and not just good execution. Well yeah, that's tough.

Except when it comes to characters, which seems to be able to get pass the judges if you show high technical level of realism, or modeling/Sculpting skills, even without being interesting.

If you model a real car, its a lack of creativity, however, if you make a known character, like the tonnes of Hulk, Cliff Eastwood, etc we see so often, its talent! Just take a look at how many characters in the 3D gallery have a artistic composition or even a meaningful background.

This community is just more character centric, not matter what others may dispute, but I am happy to be proven wrong.

Old 10 October 2012   #6
Originally Posted by PKD: Except when it comes to characters, which seems to be able to get pass the judges if you show high technical level of realism, or modeling/Sculpting skills, even without being interesting.

If you model a real car, its a lack of creativity, however, if you make a known character, like the tonnes of Hulk, Cliff Eastwood, etc we see so often, its talent! Just take a look at how many characters in the 3D gallery have a artistic composition or even a meaningful background.

This community is just more character centric, not matter what others may dispute, but I am happy to be proven wrong.

Frankly speaking I think with characters you still your knowledge of interpretation of human or creature plasticity, whereas with cars... well, it also requires some thought especially if you lack references. Though it's just my wild guess. I think gallers is more aimed towards illustration for publishing like ballistic, and images of characters are more interestingfor the audience than cars.

Old 10 October 2012   #7
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread