Textures Loading Funny? Screenshot/Help

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 04 April 2012   #1
Unhappy Textures Loading Funny? Screenshot/Help

--> Screenshot (http://i42.tinypic.com/33jof2h.jpg)

I don't know why, but my textures have been recently loading weird into Maya 2011. My image will be fine, but when I load it onto my model, it's either blurry and/or not coming through completely in my UV Texture editor. I've been able to figure out the blurry part, but it's like Maya is refusing to read certain parts of my texture, blocking them out in some kind of black shadow pattern around my UV map. (sometimes not even shaped around my UV map, just random)

It will work if I open up a new Maya, import the object and re-apply the texture there > save scene > then load it back into my project. But my other classmates don't have to do this, and my teacher hasn't encounter this problem before.

Has this ever happened to anyone? Am I the only one? Could it be a glitch or a setting problem? I'm wondering if my project is just corrupted-ish/glitchy.

Old 04 April 2012   #2
I had this happen years ago, but I haven't used Maya in very long. The work around I used was making a new shader, that was not applied to the object, setting the maps, and then applying it. It still cut out the black shape, but that was for my current UVW's, and I did not have to re-start Maya.

It only happened in one scene file for me, so I could assume some corruption, but I never had the problem develop into anything else.

Sorry for no fix, but I haven't spent much time in Maya for over 5 years, so that is the best I've got. Hope it helps.

Old 04 April 2012   #3
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread