Cute Lil Girl Reading Japanese, Meow (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 08 August 2004   #1
Cute Lil Girl Reading Japanese, Meow (2D)

Title: Cute Lil Girl Reading Japanese
Name: Meow
Software: Flash + Photoshop

To be able to draw you first need to visualise how everything comes together. Shapes, contours etc.

I am currently trying to draw anime myself and I have seen gradual progress, but then again I've been trying to draw anime for about just over a year. It's still not perfect but as long as I keep it up I might eventually create something that looks perfect.

Thats the greatest advise anyone could give someone that wants to draw. Persistance is the key, never give up.

Old 08 August 2004   #2
Great work Your definitly pretty darn good. I love your color choice. The only thing that i think that lets this image down is the eyes and the large hair/head. But then again the largeness of the head does make the character look younger which is what you were going for. As for the eyes, i just personally don't like anime eyes that large, but i have seen anime's with that large of eyes so thats ok I guess its just personal preference., also maybe make some of the eyelashes tweak out on the outside of the eyes, but that might be a more adult characteristic.
As for my critiques, don't get offended by them, i really love your image Great job!

Shaykai

Master & Servant CGtalk challenge entry

Old 08 August 2004   #3
Nice work.
Looks very cute and have a good feeling.

Old 08 August 2004   #4
Very well done, you should come work to japan. Also talking about style, you could have used your own anime style wich i like it alot. I remmember you send me that fox girl concept... that's the kind of style i like cause your style, on the other one you send me, is kinda like you created something new. Not anime with big eyes ..ect..

Why dont you post your RARE concept on cgtalk ? Expecialy the cute aerobic sparrow.
Good luck with your hardcore demo reel.

Last edited by ??? : 08 August 2004 at 12:02 PM.

Old 08 August 2004   #5
You definitely have the anime look down!! I love her eyes and that lil' raccoon thing behind her.
I also must point out that you have enough skill to pull off the rendering of the background and her figure believably. The pattern on the bed and the pleats in her skirt are elements that should be applauded no matter what style you choose to draw in.

Sleep is for the weak.

Old 08 August 2004   #6
hellooo.
cool image , i love your work you know that ,i want to see more hehe keep it coming

Old 08 August 2004   #7
The "raccoon guy" in the background is a stuffed Totoro, for those that dont know. A nice touch.

Excellent work. Looks very authentic. I've seen a lot of "american tries to do anime" stuff and this one fooled me.

Old 08 August 2004   #8
Originally Posted by fahr: The "raccoon guy" in the background is a stuffed Totoro

Is it? It looks like a tanuki or a racoon to me

Great work by the way!

Old 08 August 2004   #9
Well..... at least I THINK it is a Totoro.

Or maybe I just have Studio Ghibli on the brain.

Old 08 August 2004   #10
I love this pic. Very nicely done.

Old 01 January 2006   #11
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread