CGTalk > Sponsored Challenges and Awards > Past Challenges (Archives) > Older Challenges (before 2007) > CG Challenge XVII - Master and Servant - 3D
Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old 05-31-2005, 09:29 PM   #61
mihkeltt
kind of a big deal

Mihkel Tiidus
Estonia

loocas: i know this guy has posted photos as 3d. but this is for real 3d. check out his previous posts. there's wires and progress - what else do you need to believe?

My Blog

Old 06-01-2005, 11:22 AM   #62
placidus
Veteran

portfolio
Ladislav Kovac
character artist
Bratislava, Slovakia

Send a message via ICQ to placidus
I must agree with loocas.
I think Black rose is not able to model the girl.

Old 06-01-2005, 12:02 PM   #63
loocas
czech me out!

portfolio
Lukáš Duběda
CEO, Lead TD
duber studio™
Praha, Czech Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mihkeltt
loocas: i know this guy has posted photos as 3d. but this is for real 3d. check out his previous posts. there's wires and progress - what else do you need to believe?

You want some prooves... here you are

I start with the hands ok. So on the following gif animation you can see that the hands are just heavily retouched $hitty model and then, in the end, he ends up with a very accurate hand...?!

But the girl is what made me wrote the previous post.

You can see the wire very clearly on the screen dump, the wire is messy, has no logical tessellation and even the final rendering of the model is real bad! So, I guess it's just a imported Poser model... that's it. There wouldn't be anything wrong with that if it wasn't for the final look of the girl. From my own experience, I can clearly say that the mesh is unusable for any additional modeling! Especially if he took the way of modeling - posing - collapsing the mesh - modeling additional details! So, I'd model the mesh in a low to mid resolution, then rig and pose, and then model additional details, but in order to make that possible, the mes HAS to be perfect, I mean all the edgeloops, topology has to be absolutely perfect, you can't afford to have any mistakes or imperfections in the begining... But his mesh is messy, unusable, the render of that mesh is just $hitty and then... vuala... he has a prefect female form in a beautiful pose... Man, am I the only one who sees that?!

That's it, I'm not arguing over this piece of bullshit anymore... it's a waste of time...

Old 06-02-2005, 09:00 PM   #64
firestar3d
Network Drifter

Pete Andrews
Student/3D Hobbyist
London South Bank University
United Kingdom

I agree... Had I seen this earlier I would have commented on it earlier.

The pictures above prove everything we need to know... The WIP head was posted onto the body of the butterfly woman (minus wings). The subsequent image looks like the leg has been shifted in PS to the right... And the WIP head is now missing from the body and replaced by the original head it had in the first place. Not only that, but various suggestions about pose, lighting and viewing angles have gone by with only a "I agree, I'll look into it" type of response, none of which have been implemented at any stage.

And that hand... Big leap of skill there isn't it?!!?

Edit: Actually while I think of it... What about that concept "sketch?" It's the same woman, complete with wings, and the same hand, all grafted together in PS with a monochrome emboss filter applied to it.

Old 06-03-2005, 04:22 PM   #65
loocas
czech me out!

portfolio
Lukáš Duběda
CEO, Lead TD
duber studio™
Praha, Czech Republic

Right you are firestar3d! Balck Rose is a big CHEATER! Thank god he didn't go to the finale fo the challenge! That would have been really outrageous!

Old 06-03-2005, 04:22 PM   #66
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread