Simple Sketches (feedback always appreciated)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

11 November 2017
Simple Sketches (feedback always appreciated)

Hey all,

I decdided that Iíll from time to time make simple models/pieces, and post them to this thread. Iíd love to hear from people on how to improve, as always. Hereís my first one:

Last edited by deltaKshatriya : 02 February 2018 at 12:09 AM.

11 November 2017
i Like doing this too, as a way of distraction from other longer projects. Good way to learn, doing simple experimental stuff.
Can't say much about this, i feel the light of the sky reflection is a bit odd to the sky itself.

11 November 2017
Originally Posted by ratrod: i Like doing this too, as a way of distraction from other longer projects. Good way to learn, doing simple experimental stuff.
Can't say much about this, i feel the light of the sky reflection is a bit odd to the sky itself.
Yea it's a great way to get some cool simple stuff out, break away from the larger projects I'm working on, and just to learn in general! I'm still fairly new to CG, I've only been doing it seriously for more than a year now, and I did some CG on and off for a few years before that, so I see this as an opportunity to learn also. That and I just got off a really long project (there's a thread here on it), and although I'm doing a smaller project as well, I still like throwing some stuff together and making a quick sketch.

I guess you mean that the sky reflected from the window is a little too bright compared to the actual sky itself?

11 November 2017
yes to much vibrance is what i think

11 November 2017
Originally Posted by ratrod: yes to much vibrance is what i think
Hmm, well I'll have to revisit at some point soon then.†

Here's another simple sketch I did today!

12 December 2017
Been a while, since I've been busy on a new piece. Here's something new and quick I threw together over the past few days. Merry Christmas!

02 February 2018
I needed a break from my fighter project, so here's a sketch I did!

2 Days Ago
This is another sort of quick piece I did, which is still a WIP:

reply share thread