3D and VFX

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 08 August 2013   #1
3D and VFX

I recently graduated from a Russian Gerasimov Institute of Cinematography as a Multimedia Director. Though what they teach us there is more suited not only for directon, but for being a supervisor, and a bit of 3D generalist and VFX artist.

For me it was always not enough of what they taught us there, so I was constantly self-learning in 3D and VFX.

Here is my recent portfolio: http://nixes.ru/
It is "I can make a little better" type of portfolio

The question is which school should I go now? (in about a year or so)

I'm mostly interested in 3D and VFX (as a 3D Generalist, at least for now) and on-set supervision as well. I wish to go to US or Canada.

I was mainly looking at Gnomon or VFS. Which one is better? If I can put a question that way

What about other schools and universities? Which of them teach better? I know, mainly everything depends on a student, but I'm really interested in it, I just want to, lets say, rebuild my foundation in 3D and VFX.

I'm also trying to find a school which is better appreciated by people in the industry, has a better reputation?

Thanks for attention and sorry for taking your time =)

P.S.: There is also a good possibility for me to take a degree here in Russia in my university in philosophy or aesthetics, is it worth something in industry? Some people say, that it is good to take a degree in CS, but I have real problems with my math =\

Last edited by Nixellion : 08 August 2013 at 11:31 AM.

Old 08 August 2013   #2
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread