Maya to C4D question.

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 09 September 2012   #1
Maya to C4D question.

Hello, so i have a couple of simple objects that i need to export from Maya to Cinema, however the pivot points positions have to stay unchanged from the way i placed them in maya.
I tried .obj , .fbx , .dae and none of these seems to remember where my original pivot was when i imported them in cinema.
So far .fbx gets everything when i re-import it in maya and loses just the pivots when imported in C4d.
Any ideas how to fix this.
Thanks in advance!

Old 09 September 2012   #2
What kind of objects? Nulls in Cinema can't have their pivots moved so that could be a factor if you're using Groups in Maya with moved pivots. With mesh objects it should work fine though.

As a workaround you could just snap a locator to the pivot point and export that, then place the objects as a child of that locator when imported into Cinema.

Another factor is which version of Cinema? FBX was pretty buggy in R12 and older, it's considerably better since R13.

Cheers,
Brian

Old 09 September 2012   #3
Thank you ,Horganovski, the objects are simple meshes ,nothing complicated.
I`ll try what you said and hopefully it will work this time.
Cheers

Old 09 September 2012   #4
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread