The Character-A-Fortnight Event : CAFÉ 002

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 04 April 2007   #106
Updates

To all of you, great work so far! DefaultROL hope you are feeling better!

This is where I am at now. I am moving next week so I wont have much time more modeling, I will probably go with the concept with less work and finish up the second on my own.

Either way here are some updates. The first is a revisit to the original idea I had. The second is an update on what I have been posting lately.

Last edited by dude5487 : 04 April 2007 at 02:38 AM.

Old 04 April 2007   #107
Ok here it is a rough 3D sketch of the final piece.
Photoshop CS2 composed.

No eyes yet, and missing a lot of details, many things to fix up... but I wanted to show it here to get some C&C.
I don't know if I can keep going this night with it, anyway I will refine it soon and make a pro final piece in near future with it.

Please tell me guys what you think of this sketch.

Best wishes all.

Zupi Portal (eng)
www.drsketchy.com/
SketchySP
eduardo.janiszewski@gmail.com

Last edited by Djampa : 04 April 2007 at 12:16 AM.

Old 04 April 2007   #108
I'm finished for this episode. Good work so far everyone! Next session I will change my workflow somewhat and also try to push whatever it is to a finished piece.

Sketchbook

Old 04 April 2007   #109
Question

So I have a couple of questions. It looks like people are starting to wrap up on this session. I joint just over a week ago and would still like to model my concept. Does this mean I will carry it over into the next session?

I am new to this whole deal and would really like to finish up what I have started but not sure where to post it when I am done.

Thanks so much and great work everyone!

Old 04 April 2007   #110
Apr 28, 2007

Notions that pollute the minds oceans
Creating the darkness that surrounds us

Glenn

Vision of St. Bernard of Clairvaux(1090-1153)

Last edited by SpiritDreamer : 04 April 2007 at 02:10 PM.

Old 04 April 2007   #111
dude5487: that sure is a creepy monster! I think someone mentioned before though, what would happen when he puts his arms down? With those chains it'd bring his head down..that'd be mighty uncomfortable, even for a monster, hehe
Try to shade it in more.

If you want to continue with it, I believe you can just keep posting here in this thread if you want, even after the 2 weeks are up.

Djampa: I like how you sculpted that monster! The teeth and tongue don't look like that fit however..did you paint them in Zbrush onto the sculpted model? If so maybe it just needs more painting

AndyO: Those frog drawings look great! Cool concept too

Old 04 April 2007   #112
Thumbs up

Hey everyone,

I'm sooooo sorry that I didn't get more time to participate with you guys on this one - I ended up having side effects from the medication I am on - not pleasant. My body seems to have *finally* come to terms with it now, and i'm feeling a lot better. I am resolved to trying to work on my base mesh for this round, along with what I will produce for CAFE 003. Sleepless nights, here we come!!

There has been some amazing work produced this time round, and this workshop has even surpassed my expectations of what creative talents can do given 2 weeks and a couple of lines for a brief.

I could write a lengthy article of the merits of everyone's work that I've seen here, but I guess that you all would prefer me to set up the new brief?

*watch this space...* >>> give me 5 minutes..... LOL.

Beautiful work - you all deserve a big round of applause from me and each other

MIKE

EDIT >>>

Originally Posted by dude5487: So I have a couple of questions. It looks like people are starting to wrap up on this session. I joint just over a week ago and would still like to model my concept. Does this mean I will carry it over into the next session?

I am new to this whole deal and would really like to finish up what I have started but not sure where to post it when I am done.

Thanks so much and great work everyone!

You can keep posting here the work that you do for this topic, it will remain open. I will post any updated work I do for this round here too, though my main concentration will be turned to the new workshop. I hope that makes sense.

Last edited by default-rol : 04 April 2007 at 08:20 PM.

Old 04 April 2007   #113
Thumbs up

And here it is >>>>

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthr...329#post4356329

Hope to see you all there!

Best
MIKE

Old 04 April 2007   #114
Apr 29, 2007

Put a couple of color tints on to this to unify the colors more
Calling it done.

Glenn

Old 05 May 2007   #115
Well I got this guy in the game so I thought I'd post 2 screenshots here of what he looks like.

Great job everyone! Now I really gotta get started on #003
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cockatricetesting.jpg (89.5 KB, 23 views)

Old 05 May 2007   #116
I figured I'd make a post to say I haven't let this die. While I may not be completeing it in two weeks, I would like to go through with this concept. Here's the model so far- I need to finish the back part and add elbows and then I think I'll try out zbrush for the first time

Old 05 May 2007   #117
I like it!

Old 05 May 2007   #118
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread