cgHuman v2 WIP

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 12 December 2005   #16
hay damian,

thats pritty good for the amount of time you have spent. the mediview would be awsome referance for this. are you also doing alot of the underlying muscle as well? it would be nice to have muscle to muscle collison one day. but i think that would probly slow things down to make the pritty unsuable.

cheers

john

Old 01 January 2006   #17
Crazy stuff you have going there. I have to try out CGskin as well one of these days. Looks like it is a great tool. I have never been big on the idea of shrink wrapping your skin to muscles as this mean you are effectly modeling your character with muscles and that is far harder to do to get the character that you want.

I can't wait to see the final version.

Old 01 January 2006   #18
I have been busy on other projects lately so unfortunately I havent had much time at all for the 'Old cgHuman since after the new year.

here is a Muscle Test Prieview:

Link

more to come...

Last edited by ds : 01 January 2006 at 07:29 AM.

Old 02 February 2006   #19
Paolo -
ACT is a muscle and muscle deformation plugin only so it does not simulate fat
it will work for max 6 - 8
At the moment this character cannot be scaled or conformed into another character shape without putting in a lot of effort so much so that you may aswell build one from scratch, we are in the process of creating one that will be able to do this.
This guy is primarily used for alot of medical and sport animations amongst other things, his size and proportions are the same as our Ultimate Human model set (which contains a lot more detail and is totally anitomically accurate) the reason being that any specific close ups of correctly deforming muscles can be merged in from The Ultimate Human file into the cgHuman file.
The cgHuman would in that case be used for longer shots where the anitomical accuracy of it is not so visible -providing total anitomical accuracy is desired.
To set the entire Ultimate human up in the same manner and have all his muscles deform correctly would be an increadibly huge amount of work and would no doubt kill Max due to the amount of geometry in the file
( Bring on 64 Bit !!! - it might be a good benchmark test ).

Paul -
I agee with you on the method of shrink wrapping skin to the muscles, it definitly is a lot harder and creates a whole new set of problems to overcome. This is especially an issue within a production pipline where the look of a Model has been signed off - when this is the case, I would not normally do the deformation of muscles in this way, but because I am free to do what I want in order to show off the deformation of the muscles sliding underneath the Skin I chose to give it a go.
I am not using cgSkin for this as much as I'd like to, I'm using Skin Modifier as the cgHuman comes with ACT but cgSkin does not.

Last edited by ds : 02 February 2006 at 07:15 AM.

Old 02 February 2006   #20
cgfemale?

hay man.

great! love the sholder its looking dame fine there. resizable cghuman now your talking

so is there going to be an update the Cgfemale?

i agree paul shrink warping can be problematic for sure the one thing that it does get you to think about is how the anatomy works but yeah it can really can change your character design.

good to see you onto more

cheers

john

Old 02 February 2006   #21
skin Deformation Update

Here is a muscle Skin deformation walk cycle test animation, getting there well no muscles "popping" anyway. Please excuse the animation its just a stock .bip walk loop

walk cycle link:

walkcycle divx avi

Last edited by ds : 02 February 2006 at 10:03 AM.

Old 02 February 2006   #22
Some people have called me mad for some of the setups that I have done, well this just take the cake. Your mad...but in a good way.

Looks great!

Old 02 February 2006   #23
Indeed crazy stuff,....
loving the facial setup,.... the medical modellers must be going banannas with delight at this moment!

groovy cool d_s

Cheerio Chris

Old 02 February 2006   #24
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread