Finally back in the world of Zbrush

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 01 January 2013   #1
Finally back in the world of Zbrush

It's almost embarassing how long it's been since I got to play around in zbrush, but after yesterday's UGM in London with Scott Eaton and Paul Gaboury, I've managed to shoe horn some sculpting back into my life.

WIP still working on the basic forms, but played a little with some details.

feel free to crit the crap outta me....

Old 01 January 2013   #2
the area around the eyes was bugging me so decided to start over. trying to find the forms before delving into more detail but something feels like something's missing.

thoughts?

Old 01 January 2013   #3
It's difficult to crit when we don't really know what your goal is. Folks posting WIPs are highly encouraged to discuss their work in detail, so that viewers have an understanding of your intended direction with the work. For example, I don't know if you're aiming for realism or stylisation here - that's an important one to mention early on. I also can't tell if this is a man or woman. Do you have references you're using? It's good to post those for comparison.

Basically, just elaborate! Then people are more inclined to respond.

Old 01 January 2013   #4
thanks for the feedback, all good points!

I'm going for realism, wanting to sculpt and ultimately animate a somewhat generic old guy. Design concept hasn't been decided, I'm wanting to focus on whats realistic and anatomically plausible at the moment.

I have a broad range of photo reference that I'm drawing from, think I need to narrow it down so that it's all consistent!

Old 01 January 2013   #5
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread