Cinema 4D lite now included in future versions of After Effects.

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

04 April 2013
Originally Posted by LukeLetellier: Adobe also released detailed information about the features of C4D Lite, much of which we surmised already.

Link: http://blogs.adobe.com/aftereffects...er-effects.html

That chart is the same that made the rounds earlier. While not 100% correct it does not list any features as included in Lite that won't be in the release version.
The focus should be on Cineware anyway, not Lite.
Cheers
Björn

04 April 2013
Originally Posted by Srek: That chart is the same that made the rounds earlier. While not 100% correct it does not list any features as included in Lite that won't be in the release version.
The focus should be on Cineware anyway, not Lite.
Cheers
Björn

The chart was hosted on Adobe's official blog (rather than just a link to the chart on another page); it might be good for you guys at Maxon to correct them on that before everyone takes it all as 100% truth.

04 April 2013
It is realy no big deal, there are very few and small omissions of what is included in Lite. You just get a bit more than you might expect.

Cheers
Björn

04 April 2013
If I have AE and a separate C4D - does that mean end up with 2 licenses of C4D
and can upgrade them independently? Or is Lite a non upgradable product?

04 April 2013
Afaik there will be more information on possible upgrade options for registered Lite users once the next AE version has been released and Lite becomes actually available.
Cheers
Björn

04 April 2013
Maxon would be bonkers to not offer an upgrade path from Lite. Isn't that the whole point of this exercise? To tap into the sizeable After Effects market? The only problem is, of course, the 3D tools in Lite are such a massive upgrade from what AE natively offers, that only the very-interested-in-3D crowd would be interested in upgrading to anything more. I'd say Adobe is definitely getting the better end of the deal here, unless they're paying Maxon far out the ass for this integration (and probably are).

Also, I suppose that's why Maxon has left out all the good cloner stuff - to make the upgrades as enticing as possible.

04 April 2013
Originally Posted by eikonoklastes: The only problem is, of course, the 3D tools in Lite are such a massive upgrade from what AE natively offers, that only the very-interested-in-3D crowd would be interested in upgrading to anything more.

First reactions by many people and studios that make heavy use of AE indicate that they couldn't care less for Lite and are eager to get Cineware going with Studio or Broadcast. Lite will be interesting to those AE users that haven't sunk their teeth yet in 3D.
I think this will be a winner for Adobe and Maxon.

Cheers
Björn

04 April 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread