DIFFERENT ANIMATION SOLUTIONS: faster & easier !

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

10 October 2012
Originally Posted by mustique: This and realtime photorealistic rendering.

That may actually happen if coprocessor cards like the Xeon Phi 64 Core come down in price, and increase in performance.

10 October 2012
Hi everybody,

Thanks for your participation to this thread.

Cordially

Aurelien

Last edited by Aurel77 : 12 December 2012 at 10:14 AM.

10 October 2012
Originally Posted by mustique: @Aurel77

Why bother with product managers and similar corporate nonesense
when you can be your own boss?

release this stuff as a standalone tool and plugin for main 3dapps, if you own the whole thing. Get a bank loan to patent it first of course. You could sell it as a download only product. Via Steam or MacAppstore if you want. I'd buy it right away if priced adequately.

Yeah I thought the above post was a good one I think he means appropriately priced as adequately priced would be a million bucks.

I just saw the videos and as a non animator the system you made looks very interesting. The reason I say that is although I am no animator I have to animate more than I would like so anything that makes that activity more efficient is very welcome.

I wish you success with your endeavors and would like to compliment you on your vimeo presentation. Very clear and very informative.

Great stuff.

Last edited by Kanga : 10 October 2012 at 12:59 PM.

10 October 2012
Textures

Hi guys I'm really stuck I want to do heavy texturing for animations not games . Like displacement mapping, normal maps etc etc. So which is the best for texturing and rendering Max or Maya. I want to make animations look realistic with realistic texturing and rendering max looks good and maya but which is better please let me know soon thanks for help .I really need expert advice.

10 October 2012
Originally Posted by HimalB: Hi guys I'm really stuck I want to do heavy texturing for animations not games . Like displacement mapping, normal maps etc etc. So which is the best for texturing and rendering Max or Maya. I want to make animations look realistic with realistic texturing and rendering max looks good and maya but which is better please let me know soon thanks for help .I really need expert advice.

If you have a question of your own then you should start a thread in the right place. What you are doing is thread hijacking. Ask your question here:
Texturing and Surfacing

You cannot ask for software comparisons on cgtalk the reason is here:
General Discussions Rules - PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

10 October 2012
Hi Kanga,

I thank you for your mail (and for your hijacking intervention too ;-).

Last edited by Aurel77 : 12 December 2012 at 10:13 AM.

10 October 2012
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread