Grand Space Opera 2D Entry: Ken Henderson

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

02 February 2005
Yah... Robin's having fun with the Blog!

Thanks for looking, hope you're well... give Merlin a pat for me...

my GSO entry | my M&S entry | my PORTFOLIO |

02 February 2005
Hi ken,

this was a tough challenge but for all that I thought your image had a wide scope to get mentioned. Hmm....the heck with it See ya in march on the next one.

best regards
fahrija

02 February 2005
Fahrija:

You know... I was hoping for a HM but really, my image just didn't have enough atmosphere and focus to win... and sadly, my lighting (which I love to do) wasn't great either. The moral of the story, get the main image done sooner so you have time to tweak... period.

Really looking forward to the next challenge...

See you then!

02 February 2005
yea you did have great individual parts in the image tho ,
till next time

02 February 2005
Originally Posted by cgkrusty: Fahrija:

... The moral of the story, get the main image done sooner so you have time to tweak... period....

Same thoughts

02 February 2005
Squibbit:

Thanks... but, as we saw in the judging (and knew all along really) it's the entire image that counts. Getting it done sooner will allow me the time to pull it all together.

See you in the next go round!

02 February 2005
Still, all in all, it was a strong image, and a lot of fun seeing your process. You were, in my book, one of the most meticulous in detailing your step-by-steps that you were taking to get there. It'll be great to see what you come up with next time... Let's get 'em! :-)

-mike

02 February 2005
mike:

Thanks, your image was strong as well, and much more polished and together than mine. Unfortunately process doesn't count for much now... but it was a great exercise to share. In regards to the competition... it was a good thing I didn't place... when cleaning up my system a week or so ago I accidentally deleted ALL my files for my entry. So, I would have had to decline any prize as I wouldn't have been able to show process images with the proper rez.

All I have now are the images I posted during the competition so it's a good thing I shared as much as I did...

What an idiot...

That's the first time I've done something that nuts on that scale... never clean your system up at 4:00am!

Anyhow... we'll all be ready next time. I'll have to go up to Vancouver with some duct-tape and find Blackarts.

Obviously I'm kidding. His work is amazing and he and the majority of all the winners have raised the bar which is good for the rest of us. Makes us hungrier and better...

02 February 2005
Looking forward to seeing you in the next one.

Facebook

02 February 2005
SideAche:

As I am you... you had a really strong piece, so many great works to choose from.

I'll see you in the winners circle in April / May (whenever the next challenge ends).

02 February 2006
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread