Endangered Spirit, Will Choi (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

09 September 2004
Endangered Spirit, Will Choi (2D)

Title: Endangered Spirit
Name: Will Choi
Software: Adobe Photoshop

"Under desperate circumstances triggered by ecological turmoil, the Earth will be vulnerable to attacks from beyond."

I wanted to design a female character to convey the emotion of a helpless heroine in a futile situation. The background is meant to be symbolic of the nature of the situation.

The girl in the picture was actually a rough sketch I did a few months back and decided it was too good of a sketch not to put into Photoshop and paint on top. But i always had an idea of what the emotion she should be conveying. maybe ill post this sometime in the Evocative section.

If you'd like, post a comment on what you feel is the strong point of this piece and what the weakest point would be.
Thanks.

>> Hi resolution image <<

09 September 2004
She´s cute.
Good drawing but the background does not suit to the girl.

09 September 2004
i looked at this great picture and started thinking about star wars i think it's from that serie, but picture is realy greate

09 September 2004
I like the character design, and I think your anatomy is pretty good. I’m assuming the eyes are somewhat stylized, as otherwise they are a little large. The right hand is a little "manly", and the feet are far too large for the body. Your choice of background doesn’t really work for me, as I think the concept is good, but the execution could be a little better. The hard separations between elements are what distract me, and I am finding the gray space at the bottom to be too empty. I like the sword, and you’ve done a good job with the overall lighting, mixing in a few different color variations. The elements themselves are strong, I think it is just the composition that could use some polishing. Keep up the good work!

Urrgos

09 September 2004
ok. Good Job

01 January 2006
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread