Studying in Germany

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 09 September 2012   #16
I agree that education should be free, but that's sadly not how things are right now. And after seeing the kids rioting over the terrible fee increases and such over the last few years, seeing them getting themselves into debt for years on end, I find it more than a little distasteful to see someone here, who is representing a UK educational institution, suggesting that someone essentially come along and cheat the system while everyone else bleeds to pay their fees. Because the fact is that someone has to pay that bill, and it's not just you and me, but all those thousands of British students who are getting themselves into debt. They will be paying for someone else's fees while they pay back their own plus interest. We are all covering the bills for those who cheat. Whether a system is fair or not is not the issue here; if we all just did what we wanted to, regardless of the law, there'd be chaos.

In an ideal world, the government would be subsidising education, but since that's not the case, we don't really have a choice but to stick to the current system. This country just pissed 9b down the drain on a glorified tribal stick-throwing contest while they deny people in wheelchairs benefit payments, and with winter coming you know you're going to start hearing about the pensioners who need to choose between food and heating because their measly pensions can't cover both. The point is that right now this country needs all the public money it can get. It does not need people cheating the system, because right now, we are not a rich country.

I wonder, do you think the University of Hertfordshire would be happy to see one of their representatives suggesting to a prospective student, on a public international forum, that they cheat the UK government and tax payer out of money? If you truly believe that what you're suggesting is not unethical, I assume you'd have no issue if I contacted your employer and showed them this thread?

Old 09 September 2012   #17
And incidentally, your comparison to the German school is utterly irrelevant. Of course it's not unethical there, because their government allows it on account of the fact that they subsidise education there. The UK government, on the other hand, expects the money to be paid back, while you're suggesting this student simply skips the country to evade the debt.

How you thought that was a relevant comparison to make is a mystery to me.

Old 09 September 2012   #18
Here in Greece we live the same (and worse) drama because of some people (well a lot of people) cheating the systems for over a decade and now I am forced to get abroad to make my living because even if I study in the best university in Greece I will not be able to find a job.. That's why I'm looking abroad to study. That's what makes me sad and agry.

Old 09 September 2012   #19
FilmAkademie at Baden-Wutterberg includes the Animation Institute, which is a great place to continue or start your studies.

First off you need to demonstrate excellent knowledge of German language, and secondly have powerful portfolio to get yourself jumped in FMX. I would recommend you to buy/download some online courses and keep practising on your own.

Sad but true, Greece is rotten place for young people. It's a country killing their children and new generation. Go away and save yourself.

Καλή τύχη Άγγελε

Old 09 September 2012   #20
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread