Importing a 3ds from Archicad...

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 05 May 2013   #1
Importing a 3ds from Archicad...

Hi !
I have a question about importing 3ds files and changing their materials.
I work in Archicad and I choose my materials in that program .... I make all the walls with, let's say, brick material, the paving with stone blocks and so on .... So I export it as 3ds file and want to insert it into 3ds max for rendering. And I was wondering if there is a way to change all the objects materials corresponding to the materials I have chosen in Archicad at the same time. What I mean is, for example: I made 10 walls in archicad with brick and want to render it in 3ds max and won't like to change every wall's material in 3ds. I want, by changing one wall's material in 3ds max, to affect all the walls that have the same material in Archicad.
I hope you understand what I mean.. I find this crucial when working with 2 programs
Thank you

Old 05 May 2013   #2
I have worked with a few models imported from Archicad. Select the object with say the brick material, right click and choose "Select Similar" in your quad menu and it should choose the other materials with brick then replace it with the new material.

Old 05 May 2013   #3
Thank you .. I will try that

Old 05 May 2013   #4
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread