Writing out particle orientation?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 12 December 2012   #1
Writing out particle orientation(.bin files)?

Greetings CGP! I have a .bin cache that from ice that i have brought into Cinema 4d from Softimage, but the particles orientation didn't make it through...
Is there anyway to write the particle orientation in the cache file? or can I only write the attributes in the rfbinExportData-node?

Last edited by jForsgren : 12 December 2012 at 06:46 PM.

Old 12 December 2012   #2
I'd like to help, but I don't have access to C4D. You might get more responses over at www.si-community.com.

Old 12 December 2012   #3
seems like a C4D question rather than softimage? If you read it back into C4D do you get the orientations?

www.simonreeves.com
3D VFX Artist

Old 01 January 2013   #4
Quick Update: It was a c4d issue, and we solved it by staying in XSI for the particle passes.
But it was indeed a c4d issue. Seems the data is there but isnt read by cinema. Same issue with alembic.
If the .bin importer wasn't so damn unstable i would probably look into a way of solving it. For now keeping it in SI works, even if its a hassle with 2 parallel rendering/shading solutions.

Thanks anyway.

Old 01 January 2013   #5
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread