Convert vertex map to polygon selection

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 07 July 2012   #46
Originally Posted by cgireal: Good work guys, thanks...

Just wondering if anyone had a good idea for applying the inverted functionalitity, converting polyselection > vertexmap? are their obvious uses? my brains on strike this morning.. thanks.

Good question ... of course I never knew anyone would have a use for the original idea, so I just assumed someone would / could use the opposite functionality (that, and I just enjoy working out the details on such things).

Old 07 July 2012   #47
Maybe this will give you some ideas:
https://vimeo.com/35222996
I approached Paul Everett with the idea and he was kind enough to build a plugin out of it and group it together with his additional effectors.

Old 07 July 2012   #48
Wow - neat stuff! I still haven't even tried half the stuff available in the basic app .

Old 07 July 2012   #49
Lots of ideas in that vid - thanks, but its really hard to follow at a conceptual level.
Afterwards I checked Pauls site and discovered his Fit effector , which prevents mograph clones overlapping... HOORAY, needed that so many times, always expected Maxon to fix this overlapping issue but its still there.

Old 07 July 2012   #50
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread