"C4D Scene Speed" Article: increase your viewport speed

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  07 July 2013
"C4D Scene Speed" Article: increase your viewport speed

Hi, sorry I'm kind of a lurker but I think this could help a lot of people. (Though the users of this forum do seem more technically aware than some others!)

If you think C4D's viewport is slow, then please read this first and try and help yourself out. Over the last few years, in between cursing and sending feature requests to Maxon I've forced myself to learn to embrace, understand and workaround what at first seems like a lot of toys that you can't play with at the same time. After realising most users don't even use layers, I decided to spend a few days putting this together as a resource - so hopefully some won't have to go through the same issues as I did!

I'm no programmer so this is 10+ pages of practical layman's information, calculation explanations, proxy setup, layers, new xpresso nodes, new scripts. There's a lot of stuff!

http://www.mattfrodsham.com/c4d-scene-speed

Please let me know what you think, please don't hesitate to send me any corrections or extra info and I'll add it!

Cheers, Matt

ps. sorry if this should go in a sub-forum. It's not a tutorial, and its not really a resource, just a lot of info that I would love to be common knowledge

share thread