Movies that "made a differance"

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  10 October 2012
Movies that "made a differance"

We all know the entertainment value of movies. Sometimes we watch them, enjoy them and go about our business.

Other movies touch us personally and we love them for it. They hit a nerve, make us happy, bring joy to our lives or made us think.

Many here watched a movie once upon a time and said "I want to be a part of that" and here you are years later working on movies as a way to make a living.

But I was wondering can you think of a movie that changed the world or changed anything for the positive or negative?

Recently I watch an Asian film from South Korea called "Silenced"
It is based on a true story of "deaf children" who were abused at their boarding school.

So powerful was the movie it affected an entire country. And made real changes.

Quote: Depicting both the crimes and the court proceedings that let the teachers off with minimal punishment, the film sparked public outrage upon its September 2011 release, which eventually resulted in a reopening of the investigations into the incidents. With over 4 million people in Korea having watched the film, the demand for legislative reform reached all the way to the National Assembly, where a revised bill, dubbed the Dogani Bill, was passed in late October 2011 to abolish the statute of limitations for sex crimes against minors and the disabled.

What movies do you think or know of that have changed things?

share thread